Croquet big project tender

José "L. Redrejo" Rodríguez
Hi, all,
the Technology ministry of Extremadura (my region in the southwest of
Spain), has published a tender to make a "Virtual science museum" using
Croquet. It is open to any european company, so maybe it is attractive
for some of you or your working companies.
The information can be seen at the Official Jouranl of the European
Union.
It is the Document 2006-11132, and you can read it at any of the
official european languages (but the final documentation has to be
presented in spanish). It is a good amount of money: 470,000.00 euros,
so I think it is an atractive project.

http://ted.publications.eu.int
and search for Merida. Between the results, it is the 2006-11132
document.

Regards.

Re: Croquet big project tender

José "L. Redrejo" Rodríguez
Some aclarations and corrections about this information:

I was in the first stages of this project, but I haven't being in
contact with it in the last months, that's why I have made a mistake:

The project is going to be for the virtual museum that is suppossed to
be made in Croquet, but it is not the virtual museum. It is for doing
100 interactive units to be used in the future for  the museum, but
today, for this tender, is to be compatible with the small-land 3.8
squeak image (basically a 3.8 beta image with a good bunch of
improvements in the user interface made by Diego Gómez Deck), available
at http://squeak.linex.org/W32/Squeak38-SmallLand-Imagen-1226.zip .
So Croquet is not needed in the stage that has been published for this
tender. The units are related to physics, maths, nature, art and
technology. The units must works perfectly on our Linux distribution:
gnuLinEx, that is like saying it has to work on Debian.

And, about the information in the UE journal, there is a couple of typo
errors there.
The mail contact is

[hidden email] and not
[hidden email]

and the web page with all the information in spanish is
http://www.juntaex.es/consejerias/idt/sg/contratacionag.html
and not
http://www.juntaex.es/consejerias/ldt/sg/contratacionag.html

It seems somebody has read 'l' where it should be and 'i', for both
texts.
That's all.
Cheers.

> On 1/26/06, José L. Redrejo Rodríguez <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hi, all,
> > the Technology ministry of Extremadura (my region in the southwest of
> > Spain), has published a tender to make a "Virtual science museum" using
> > Croquet. It is open to any european company, so maybe it is attractive
> > for some of you or your working companies.
> > The information can be seen at the Official Jouranl of the European
> > Union.
> > It is the Document 2006-11132, and you can read it at any of the
> > official european languages (but the final documentation has to be
> > presented in spanish). It is a good amount of money: 470,000.00 euros,
> > so I think it is an atractive project.
> >
> > http://ted.publications.eu.int
> > and search for Merida. Between the results, it is the 2006-11132
> > document.
> >
> > Regards.

Re: Croquet big project tender

Cees De Groot
If anyone is interested in joining up to form a small consortium to
bid on this project, I would be all ears...

Re: Croquet big project tender

Blake-5
On Thu, 26 Jan 2006 07:03:09 -0800, Cees De Groot <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> If anyone is interested in joining up to form a small consortium to
> bid on this project, I would be all ears...

I'm game.<s>

Re: Croquet big project tender

Nicholas Bennett
I would be interested in contributing.

I pulled the 'technical' tender doc from:

http://ted.publications.eu.int/official/Exec?DataFlow=N_list_results.dfl&Template=TED/N_result_details_curr.htm&Page=3&docnumber=2006011132&StatLang=EN

My spanish is rudimentary but I think some salient points re the tender are:
- tender due 9 march 06 in spanish
- they want 100 interactive units for the 'difusion of science' -
exposition/demo/simulation
- they have a list of about 50 points that must be hit
- for the tender they want documentation of each of the 100 'units'.
- the documentation of a unit should consist of a description, a functional
analysis, a technical analysis, and a pedagogical analysis, maybe even a
proof of concept / demo
- I'm not sure when they want delivery, but I get the impression (maybe
wrong) that they would pay post delivery of all 100 units.

I can contribute to the tender doc and by design and build of units. I have
worked in smalltalk and used squeak on and off over some years.

regards,
nicholas

>From: Cees De Groot <[hidden email]>
>To: The general-purpose Squeak developers
>list<[hidden email]>
>Subject: Re: Croquet big project tender
>Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 16:03:09 +0100
>
>If anyone is interested in joining up to form a small consortium to
>bid on this project, I would be all ears...

Re: Croquet big project tender

Hilaire Fernandes-5
Hello Cees and al,

I fell very interested espcially because I am developping right now
DrGeo II, a dynamic-geometry component for Squeak which can be a big
plus to build interactive demo related to geometry, math or/and physics.

I have a small introducing example
http://people.ofset.org/hilaire/drgeo2/demo/1-triangle/

Hilaire

--
http://www.ofset.org/petition
Pétition de soutien au développement

On 1/27/06, Hilaire Fernandes <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I fell very interested espcially because I am developping right now
> DrGeo II, a dynamic-geometry component for Squeak which can be a big
> plus to build interactive demo related to geometry, math or/and physics.

Well, I've done a bit more reading and decided not to work towards a
consortium/bid. If anyone needs subcontracting, I'm available :-).

More extensive explanation on my blog (http://www.cdegroot.com/blog)

Re: Croquet big project tender

Edgar J. De Cleene
Cees De Groot puso en su mail :

> Well, I've done a bit more reading and decided not to work towards a
> consortium/bid. If anyone needs subcontracting, I'm available :-).
>
> More extensive explanation on my blog (http://www.cdegroot.com/blog)

I wish know what you think, but have

Precondition Failed

When try to access to link

Chees!!

Edgar

1GB gratis, Antivirus y Antispam
http://correo.yahoo.com.ar

On 1/27/06, Lic. Edgar J. De Cleene <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > More extensive explanation on my blog (http://www.cdegroot.com/blog)
>
> I wish know what you think, but have
>
> Precondition Failed
>
> When try to access to link

"Precondition Failed" probably means that you somehow managed to get
on the weblog's blacklist. What is your client IP address? Are you
using any funny software? The weblog has various checks built in that
are normally not an issue for regular clients but spammers often fail
them (wrong/incomplete HTTP headers, strange User-Agent names, stuff
like that).

Re: Croquet big project tender

Edgar J. De Cleene
Cees De Groot puso en su mail :

> "Precondition Failed" probably means that you somehow managed to get
> on the weblog's blacklist. What is your client IP address? Are you
> using any funny software? The weblog has various checks built in that
> are normally not an issue for regular clients but spammers often fail
> them (wrong/incomplete HTTP headers, strange User-Agent names, stuff
> like that).
I use iCab, a nice Deuscthe browser for Mac, your soft think what this is
funny software?

I try now with venerable IE  and your web are very happy.

Thanks !!!

1GB gratis, Antivirus y Antispam
http://correo.yahoo.com.ar

Re: Croquet big project tender

Cees De Groot
Can you run http://lw-1.theinternetone.net/cgi-bin/whoami and send me
the output? Then I can check my logs to see what triggered this
behaviour

Cees De Groot a écrit :
> On 1/27/06, Hilaire Fernandes <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>>I fell very interested espcially because I am developping right now
>>DrGeo II, a dynamic-geometry component for Squeak which can be a big
>>plus to build interactive demo related to geometry, math or/and physics.
>>

> Well, I've done a bit more reading and decided not to work towards a
> consortium/bid. If anyone needs subcontracting, I'm available :-).

Yeah, you are right it will be ridiculous to try out something so late.

Nevetheless, the project looks interesting. It looks like Extremadura
has some hard Squeak fans.

Hilaire

Re: Croquet big project tender

Cees De Groot
On 1/27/06, Hilaire Fernandes <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Well, I've done a bit more reading and decided not to work towards a
> > consortium/bid. If anyone needs subcontracting, I'm available :-).
>
> Yeah, you are right it will be ridiculous to try out something so late.

Well, the document hasn't been available for that long. And I wouldn't
have tried if I would've known day 1 after publication, either. The
project is just way too risky.

Cees De Groot a écrit :
> On 1/27/06, Hilaire Fernandes <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>>>Well, I've done a bit more reading and decided not to work towards a
>>>consortium/bid. If anyone needs subcontracting, I'm available :-).
>>
>>Yeah, you are right it will be ridiculous to try out something so late.
>>

> Well, the document hasn't been available for that long. And I wouldn't

In the EU and public offer, I will be tempted to thing the delay between
the publication and the dead-line for the proposal is stricly regulated.

> have tried if I would've known day 1 after  publication, either. The
> project is just way too risky.

It requiers a large band of skill, not only computer science but
scientific and pedagogicial ones. The funny fact is that it requests it
to be developped with Squeak.
I wonder about the final target of this project: the schools students,
large public?

Hilaire