Croquet hang due to FATAL VM ERROR???

marufai
Recently I encounter a weird problem, whenever i load a normal world like Demo (Master) or Croquet (Master) and for awhile it hang with message bout Fatal VM error and the attachment of the picture is here
[url=http://upload3.postimage.org/104200/photo_hosting.html][img]http://upload3.postimage.org/104200/untitled.jpg[/img][/url]

I also formatted my computer and install it with Window Vista, same problem arise. So i format it again and install with Window XP but still the same problem arise.

How the problem arise at the first, i also not sure about it. Like an hour or two i still using it normally. Please help...

Croquet hang due to FATAL VM ERROR???

Nino Galante
I experimented on windows xp that a video driver not supporting OpenGL cause
that problem.

I solved the problem reinstalling previous video driver supporting OpenGL

try it

A. G.

Re: Croquet hang due to FATAL VM ERROR???

Paul Sheldon-2
"I experimented on windows xp that a video driver not supporting OpenGL
cause
that problem.

I solved the problem reinstalling previous video driver supporting OpenGL

try it

A. G."

This sounds familiar. Microsoft makes the user take the initiative to
install
openGL or other things that other platforms automatically install.
I recall hearing something like this post here and believe
Microsoft is getting a bit more "open friendly" from what I vaguely recall.

Thanks for reminding me of this post which was rather long ago.

Re: Croquet hang due to FATAL VM ERROR???

ken.hubbell
If you are using a DUAL core machine, make sure that multi-threading is turned
OFF. Croquet OpenGL does not support multithreaded ops. The setting is under
the Advanced Tab for the Video drivers.
- Ken

Quoting [hidden email]:

> "I experimented on windows xp that a video driver not supporting OpenGL
> cause
> that problem.
>
> I solved the problem reinstalling previous video driver supporting OpenGL
>
> try it
>
> A. G."
>
> This sounds familiar. Microsoft makes the user take the initiative to
> install
> openGL or other things that other platforms automatically install.
> I recall hearing something like this post here and believe
> Microsoft is getting a bit more "open friendly" from what I vaguely recall.
>
> Thanks for reminding me of this post which was rather long ago.

Re: Croquet hang due to FATAL VM ERROR???

marufai
Hi Ken,
Sorry being dumb where can i find the Video drivers?under control panel / system / device manager?

[hidden email] wrote:
If you are using a DUAL core machine, make sure that multi-threading is turned
OFF. Croquet OpenGL does not support multithreaded ops. The setting is under
the Advanced Tab for the Video drivers.
- Ken

Quoting [hidden email]:

> "I experimented on windows xp that a video driver not supporting OpenGL
> cause
> that problem.
>
> I solved the problem reinstalling previous video driver supporting OpenGL
>
> try it
>
> A. G."
>
> This sounds familiar. Microsoft makes the user take the initiative to
> install
> openGL or other things that other platforms automatically install.
> I recall hearing something like this post here and believe
> Microsoft is getting a bit more "open friendly" from what I vaguely recall.
>
> Thanks for reminding me of this post which was rather long ago.

Luggage? GPS? Comic books?

Re: Croquet hang due to FATAL VM ERROR???

T.L. Taylor
A.G.,

Even if you are using a dual core machine, the multi-threading optimization might still not show under the Advanced Tab. That's what happened to me. If that's the case, you'll need to go into your registry and add a new key.

From the start menu, click Run

On my computer, I went to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE --> SYSTEM -->CurrentControlSet --> Control --> Video. I assume it's the same on yours, but who knows. I don't often mess with the registry.

Find the folder that corresponds to the video card- it will be the one with a lot of keys, especially ones referencing video games

Add a new DWORD value with the name _Croquet.exe:Ogl_ThreadControl a value of 2 and a hexidecimal base

This worked for me. YMMV

Tiffany

Check out fitting <a href="http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=48249/*http://search.yahoo.com/search?fr=oni_on_mail&amp;p=graduation+gifts&amp;cs=bz" target="_blank" onclick="return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)"> gifts for grads at Yahoo! Search.

--
Reality is almost always wrong.