Croquet scene with physics engine and swarm behaviour

12

Bug with grabbing kmz files

Paul Trattle - DWP
I hadn't seen any discussion on it in the list, so I figured I'd ask... Utilizing the recent releases of both Cobalt (20081125) and Edusim (7.5), when I grab any kmz sketchup imported models it ends up sending both the model and avatar upwards through the sky box. Once begun, there's no way to release the grab and the user is forced to quit out and restart. This doesn't happen for ase files, pictures, etc.  I just wondered if this is known and if there's any work arounds people have found useful.

Regards,

Paul

Re: Bug with grabbing kmz files

Mark P. McCahill-2
Can you create a bug report in the Mantis bug tracker for this?
There is a link to the bug tracker on this page:

http://croquet-src-01.oit.duke.edu/cobalt.html

On Dec 8, 2008, at 6:17 AM, Paul Trattle - DWP wrote:

> I hadn't seen any discussion on it in the list, so I figured I'd
> ask... Utilizing the recent releases of both Cobalt (20081125) and
> Edusim (7.5), when I grab any kmz sketchup imported models it ends
> up sending both the model and avatar upwards through the sky box.
> Once begun, there's no way to release the grab and the user is
> forced to quit out and restart. This doesn't happen for ase files,
> pictures, etc.  I just wondered if this is known and if there's any
> work arounds people have found useful.
>
> Regards,
>
> Paul

Re: Bug with grabbing kmz files

Phua Khai Fong
Hi there,

Can you try with Cobalt (20081125) and download MenuUI.kayef.114.mcz and Collada.kayef.32.mcz from http://croquet-src-01.oit.duke.edu:8886/@VfvKjhFbjqfUxZdS/JyCvpyZG

Send me the model too so I recreate the bug and see whats going on.

Thanks for the feedback

Regards,
Fong

Can you create a bug report in the Mantis bug tracker for this?
There is a link to the bug tracker on this page:

http://croquet-src-01.oit.duke.edu/cobalt.html

On Dec 8, 2008, at 6:17 AM, Paul Trattle - DWP wrote:

> I hadn't seen any discussion on it in the list, so I figured I'd ask... Utilizing the recent releases of both Cobalt (20081125) and Edusim (7.5), when I grab any kmz sketchup imported models it ends up sending both the model and avatar upwards through the sky box. Once begun, there's no way to release the grab and the user is forced to quit out and restart. This doesn't happen for ase files, pictures, etc.  I just wondered if this is known and if there's any work arounds people have found useful.
>
> Regards,
>
> Paul

New Email addresses available on Yahoo!
Hurry before someone else does!