Crypto plugins for ubuntu 32-bits

Robert Withers
I loaded the CryptographyPlugins package, from the Cryptography
repository into a VMMaker image, and generated the crypto plugins
externally. Although I have not measured it rigorously, there is a
noticeable performance improvement with SqueakElib tests.

Untar these Ubuntu 32-bit crypto plugins into /usr/local/lib/squeak/5.0...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v502zudwsbtr243/CryptoPlugins.ubuntu32.12.4.15.tgz?dl=0

Let me know any issues.

Regards,
Robert

Re: Crypto plugins for ubuntu 32-bits

David T. Lewis
On Fri, Dec 04, 2015 at 09:57:02PM -0500, Robert Withers wrote:

> I loaded the CryptographyPlugins package, from the Cryptography
> repository into a VMMaker image, and generated the crypto plugins
> externally. Although I have not measured it rigorously, there is a
> noticeable performance improvement with SqueakElib tests.
>
> Untar these Ubuntu 32-bit crypto plugins into /usr/local/lib/squeak/5.0...
>
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/v502zudwsbtr243/CryptoPlugins.ubuntu32.12.4.15.tgz?dl=0
>
> Let me know any issues.
>
> Regards,
> Robert

Yikes, it seems that we have had this issue open for nearly 10 years now:

  http://bugs.squeak.org/view.php?id=5228 "0005228: Include Cryptographic Primitives in Base VM - DESPlugin"

Robert, I think you are on the vm-dev list, may I ask some follow up questions there?

Dave

Re: Crypto plugins for ubuntu 32-bits

Robert Withers
10 years is long enough. :) How can I help?

On 12/04/2015 09:57 PM, Robert Withers wrote:

> I loaded the CryptographyPlugins package, from the Cryptography
> repository into a VMMaker image, and generated the crypto plugins
> externally. Although I have not measured it rigorously, there is a
> noticeable performance improvement with SqueakElib tests.
>
> Untar these Ubuntu 32-bit crypto plugins into
> /usr/local/lib/squeak/5.0...
>
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/v502zudwsbtr243/CryptoPlugins.ubuntu32.12.4.15.tgz?dl=0
>

> Let me know any issues.

Good morning,

Did anyone happen to grab this tgz file? I have since deleted the file
and I don't have a copy. If you did grab it, could you email it to me,
out of band? I am unable to build it again, bright now.

---
...  ^,^ best, robert

> Regards,
> Robert

Re: Crypto plugins for ubuntu 32-bits

Robert Withers
I should mention I have never tested Mushroom performance on my new
dual-core laptop with plugins, yet. I got to 20.1 Mbs on the old laptop
so I am anxious. I hope I didn;t come across as such poorly.

best,
robert

... ^,^ best, robert

Re: Crypto plugins for ubuntu 32-bits

Robert Withers
If not my zip, could someone zip up their crypto plugins and send them
to me, please. This would make me happy after more bad news.

... ^,^ best, robert

Re: Crypto plugins for ubuntu 32-bits

David T. Lewis
Hi Robert,

Attached is a copy of the tgz that I downloaded from your dropbox link
on December 5.

Dave

On Mon, Dec 14, 2015 at 06:08:52PM -0500, Robert Withers wrote:

> If not my zip, could someone zip up their crypto plugins and send them
> to me, please. This would make me happy after more bad news.
>
> regards,
> robert
>
> On 12/14/2015 11:46 AM, Robert Withers wrote:
> >
> >On 12/04/2015 09:57 PM, Robert Withers wrote:
> >>I loaded the CryptographyPlugins package, from the Cryptography
> >>repository into a VMMaker image, and generated the crypto plugins
> >>externally. Although I have not measured it rigorously, there is a
> >>noticeable performance improvement with SqueakElib tests.
> >>
> >>Untar these Ubuntu 32-bit crypto plugins into
> >>/usr/local/lib/squeak/5.0...
> >>
> >>https://www.dropbox.com/s/v502zudwsbtr243/CryptoPlugins.ubuntu32.12.4.15.tgz?dl=0
> >>

> >>Let me know any issues.
> >>

> >Good morning,
> >
> >Did anyone happen to grab this tgz file? I have since deleted the file
> >and I don't have a copy. If you did grab it, could you email it to me,
> >out of band? I am unable to build it again, bright now.
> >

> >---
> >...  ^,^ best, robert
> >
> >>Regards,
> >>Robert
> >

> --
> ... ^,^ best, robert

CryptoPlugins.ubuntu32.12.4.15.tgz (60K) Download Attachment

Re: [Pharo-dev] [squeak-dev] Re: Crypto plugins for ubuntu 32-bits

Robert Withers
On my dual core 2.4 Ghz laptop with plugins:
100 KB data chunks received: 81
send time: 1885 ms, rate: 34.376 Mbs.
receive time: 3464 ms. rate: 18.704 Mbs.
The profile is attached. I am not sure what this says to people about squeak and this piece of it all, hopefully good things. Streams next some care.

Good God you all, thank you so much for squeak and pharo! It is the best.

On 12/14/2015 06:52 PM, David T. Lewis wrote:
[...]

Spy Results.text.gz (2K) Download Attachment