Ctrl and ALt keys trouble in 4.1rc5

Stéphane Rollandin
hello,

in the latest relelease, rc5, I cannot find a way to have Ctrl duplicate
Alt.

I played with preferences #duplicateControlAndAltKeys,
#duplicateAllControlAndAltKeys (what's the differnce BTW ?) and
#swapControlAndAltKeys, to no avail.

Ctrl-C actually does a printIt, for all values of any of the preferences.

platform is Windows, VM is 4.0.2

Re: Ctrl and ALt keys trouble in 4.1rc5

Stéphane Rollandin
Am I the only one to get this behavior ?

> in the latest relelease, rc5, I cannot find a way to have Ctrl duplicate
> Alt.
>
> I played with preferences #duplicateControlAndAltKeys,
> #duplicateAllControlAndAltKeys (what's the differnce BTW ?) and
> #swapControlAndAltKeys, to no avail.
>
> Ctrl-C actually does a printIt, for all values of any of the preferences.
>
> platform is Windows, VM is 4.0.2
>
> Stef

Re: Ctrl and ALt keys trouble in 4.1rc5

Hannes Hirzel
I find it confusing as well but I did not try out all different
options in the preferences. See my note
http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2010-April/148932.html.

The immediate goal is to have some instructions which preferences to
set to get the regular ctrl-c/ctrl-v behavior for copy/paste on
platform Windows, VM is 4.0.2

Hannes

On 4/17/10, Stéphane Rollandin <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Am I the only one to get this behavior ?
>
>> in the latest relelease, rc5, I cannot find a way to have Ctrl duplicate
>> Alt.
>>
>> I played with preferences #duplicateControlAndAltKeys,
>> #duplicateAllControlAndAltKeys (what's the differnce BTW ?) and
>> #swapControlAndAltKeys, to no avail.
>>
>> Ctrl-C actually does a printIt, for all values of any of the preferences.
>>
>> platform is Windows, VM is 4.0.2
>>
>> Stef

Re: Ctrl and ALt keys trouble in 4.1rc5

Stéphane Rollandin
I believe there is a bug in TextEditor>>#dispatchOnCharacter:with:
where in the lines

        ((honorCommandKeys := Preferences cmdKeysInText) and: [char = Character
enter])
                ifTrue: [^ self dispatchOnEnterWith: typeAheadStream].

the test char = Character enter returns true when I do a Ctrl-C, so the
editor think I pressed Enter

no time to investigate further just now...

Re: Ctrl and ALt keys trouble in 4.1rc5

Hannes Hirzel
I just did a reinstall on Windows XP of with the MSWindows installer of today.
ALT-C does cut
ALT-V does paste

If I go to preferences and change them so that CTRL-C and CTRL-V do as
well copy/paste it does not work.