[Cuis - ANN] Blowfish for Cuis 4.0

garduino
Hi Guys:

I would ilke to announce the port for Cuis of Blowfish (the implementation of Paul de Bruicker).

Also you will find the basic SystemHashing ported from Pharo 1.4.

To install:

1. Take a Cuis 4.0 image.
2. Install all the updates (#1270 at the moment).
3. Clone my GitHub repo on your machine.
4. Surf the local repo with the Cuis FileList.
5. Select the package, press "install package" and voila!

Cheers.

Germán S. Arduino  <gsa @ arsol.net>   Twitter: garduino
Arduino Software  http://www.arduinosoftware.com
PasswordsPro  http://www.passwordspro.com
greensecure.blogspot.com germanarduino.blogpost.com

Re: [Cuis - ANN] Blowfish for Cuis 4.0

Paul DeBruicker
I'm glad you find this useful enough to port.

One of the things I'm confused about is in the 'Blowfish.pck' file on
github on line 42 the instance variable 'rounds' has a list of classes
that follow it.  Most of those classes have nothing to do with the
Blowfish package and are from things like Chronos or Didier Bisset's
numerical algorithms both of which aren't dependencies..

Is there something I've done to pollute the package that I could clean
up? Is it pretty normal for that type of thing to happen?

Thanks again

Paul

On 05/01/2012 07:20 AM, Germán Arduino wrote:

> Hi Guys:
>
> I would ilke to announce the port for Cuis of Blowfish (the
> implementation of Paul de Bruicker).
>
> It's available on https://github.com/garduino/Cuis-Cryptography
>
> Also you will find the basic SystemHashing ported from Pharo 1.4.
>
> To install:
>
> 1. Take a Cuis 4.0 image.
> 2. Install all the updates (#1270 at the moment).
> 3. Clone my GitHub repo on your machine.
> 4. Surf the local repo with the Cuis FileList.
> 5. Select the package, press "install package" and voila!
>

> Cheers.

> Germán S. Arduino <gsa @ arsol.net <http://arsol.net>>   Twitter: garduino
> Arduino Software http://www.arduinosoftware.com
> PasswordsPro http://www.passwordspro.com
> greensecure.blogspot.com <http://greensecure.blogspot.com>
> germanarduino.blogpost.com <http://germanarduino.blogpost.com>

Re: [Cuis - ANN] Blowfish for Cuis 4.0

J. Vuletich (mail lists)
Hi Paul,

Quoting Paul DeBruicker <[hidden email]>:

> I'm glad you find this useful enough to port.
>
> One of the things I'm confused about is in the 'Blowfish.pck' file
> on github on line 42 the instance variable 'rounds' has a list of
> classes that follow it.  Most of those classes have nothing to do
> with the Blowfish package and are from things like Chronos or Didier
> Bisset's numerical algorithms both of which aren't dependencies..
>
> Is there something I've done to pollute the package that I could
> clean up? Is it pretty normal for that type of thing to happen?
>
> Thanks again
>
> Paul

That´s the class comment for class Blowfish. It came with it.

Cheers,
Juan Vuletich

Re: [Cuis - ANN] Blowfish for Cuis 4.0

garduino
Thanks Casey and Paul.

I saw that Juan already responded to your question Paul. I will check as soon as I can to verify such content.

Thanks to you for the Smalltalk code for Blowfish.

Cheers!