[Cuis] About LightWidgets

garduino
Hi:

Juan, first let me say that I enjoyed a lot your talks on Smalltalks
2009, specially the one about Cuis.

After the talk I'm now playing with a device of not much memory and
wanting to investigate a bit the
LightWidgets. Do you have some examples about its use to point?

Reading some doc I saw the SqueakSTB example, but as this class don't
exist, don't sure about
what is talking.

Any hint will be appreciated.

Cheers.

Germán S. Arduino  <gsa @ arsol.net>   Twitter: garduino
Arduino Software & Web Hosting   http://www.arduinosoftware.com
PasswordsPro  http://www.passwordspro.com

Re: [Cuis] About LightWidgets

Juan Vuletich-4
Germán Arduino wrote:

> Hi:
>
> Juan, first let me say that I enjoyed a lot your talks on Smalltalks
> 2009, specially the one about Cuis.
>
> After the talk I'm now playing with a device of not much memory and
> wanting to investigate a bit the
> LightWidgets. Do you have some examples about its use to point?
>
> Reading some doc I saw the SqueakSTB example, but as this class don't
> exist, don't sure about
> what is talking.
>
> Any hint will be appreciated.
>
> Cheers.

Hi Germán,

Glad you liked it. Thanks!

I don't have an example (that I can distribute), but in
http://www.jvuletich.org/LightWidgets/ you can find some documentation I
wrote some time ago.

Cheers,
Juan Vuletich

Re: [Cuis] About LightWidgets

garduino
Thanks Juan, I will read and try asap.

Cheers.
Germán .

2009/11/24 Juan Vuletich <[hidden email]>:

> Germán Arduino wrote:
>>
>> Hi:
>>
>> Juan, first let me say that I enjoyed a lot your talks on Smalltalks
>> 2009, specially the one about Cuis.
>>
>> After the talk I'm now playing with a device of not much memory and
>> wanting to investigate a bit the
>> LightWidgets. Do you have some examples about its use to point?
>>
>> Reading some doc I saw the SqueakSTB example, but as this class don't
>> exist, don't sure about
>> what is talking.
>>
>> Any hint will be appreciated.
>>
>> Cheers.
>>

> Hi Germán,
>
> Glad you liked it. Thanks!
>
> I don't have an example (that I can distribute), but in
> http://www.jvuletich.org/LightWidgets/ you can find some documentation I
> wrote some time ago.
>
> Cheers,
> Juan Vuletich

Re: [Cuis] About LightWidgets

garduino
Hi again:

Starting reading "An example of LightWidgets programming" I found
references about an example of "Squeak STB".

What is Squeak STB?

Where are these STB* example classes?

Thanks.
Germán.

2009/11/24 Germán Arduino <[hidden email]>:

> Thanks Juan, I will read and try asap.
>
> Cheers.
> Germán .
>
> 2009/11/24 Juan Vuletich <[hidden email]>:
>> Germán Arduino wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi:
>>>
>>> Juan, first let me say that I enjoyed a lot your talks on Smalltalks
>>> 2009, specially the one about Cuis.
>>>
>>> After the talk I'm now playing with a device of not much memory and
>>> wanting to investigate a bit the
>>> LightWidgets. Do you have some examples about its use to point?
>>>
>>> Reading some doc I saw the SqueakSTB example, but as this class don't
>>> exist, don't sure about
>>> what is talking.
>>>
>>> Any hint will be appreciated.
>>>
>>> Cheers.
>>>

>> Hi Germán,
>>
>> Glad you liked it. Thanks!
>>
>> I don't have an example (that I can distribute), but in
>> http://www.jvuletich.org/LightWidgets/ you can find some documentation I
>> wrote some time ago.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Juan Vuletich

Re: [Cuis] About LightWidgets

Juan Vuletich-4
Hi Germán,

Germán Arduino wrote:
> Hi again:
>
> Starting reading "An example of LightWidgets programming" I found
> references about an example of "Squeak STB".
>
> What is Squeak STB?

It is the set-top box software I showed briefly at Smalltalks-2009.

> Where are these STB* example classes?

They are part of the STB software. I added a file to
http://www.jvuletich.org/LightWidgets/ with the sample "local user" GUI.
You can build a simple model for it yourself. Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Juan Vuletich

> Thanks.
> Germán.
>

> 2009/11/24 Germán Arduino <[hidden email]>:
>
>> Thanks Juan, I will read and try asap.
>>
>> Cheers.
>> Germán .

>>> Hi Germán,
>>>
>>> Glad you liked it. Thanks!
>>>
>>> I don't have an example (that I can distribute), but in
>>> http://www.jvuletich.org/LightWidgets/ you can find some documentation I
>>> wrote some time ago.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Juan Vuletich

Re: [Cuis] About LightWidgets

garduino
ok, thanks.

Will try to build the model and the classes named on the .st you uploaded.

Cheers.
Germán.