Custom FillStyles (Morphic)

1 message Options

Custom FillStyles (Morphic)

darth-cheney
Hello all,

Does anyone have pointers on creating highly-customized fill styles for Morphs? I have some interface elements that require specific canvas drawing operations as their fills.

I had originally done this work in Pharo, but they treat FillStyle differently. In that system whenever Canvas >> fillRectangle:fillStyle: is sent, the result is simply:
```
fillRectangle: aRect fillStyle: aFillStyle
    aFillStyle fillRectangle: aRect on: self
```
This gives each FillStyle subclass the chance to perform explicit operations on the passed canvas.

I would like to keep this library (a recreation of the Platinum interface) as cross platform as possible. Right now I see the following options:
1. Add a new kind of FillStyle check in the various Canvas operations that require it (ie isSolidFill and friends), which requires modifying base methods;
2. Forget using FillStyles at all and fold all drawing operations into my Morphs themselves;
3. Something else

I'm hoping there's a slight chance someone on this list might have a #3!

Thanks for any pointers,

--
Eric