Custom Search Engine for Squeak and related projects, please help

Custom Search Engine for Squeak and related projects, please help

Matthias Berth-2
Hello,

I have created a custom search engine for Squeak and related projects:

  http://google.com/coop/cse?cx=008315932112852043911%3Ayuibfrpnbc0

at the moment it has only a few sites on it. Please volunteer to add
more sites (click on the "volunteer to contribute" link) or send
interesting URLs to me directly.

Please evaluate the quality of the search engine by trying your
favorite searches and let me know how it worked. Once it shows good
search quality we could consider includding it on squeak.org. If
squeak foundation adpts it, we would even get it without googles ads.

Cheers

Matthias

Re: Custom Search Engine for Squeak and related projects, please help

cedreek
Hi...

didn't know that... looks great :)

so I made quickly an equivalent with the mailing-list only of seaside,
squeak-dev and pier...
http://www.google.com/coop/cse?cx=002618798989793947691%3Ade-udmtrcva

It seems nice to search the archives for information.
Matthias I added you as collaborator and asked for yours...

It might be interesting to create several
-general
-web
-croquet
-...

It has alwas been a pain for me to search lists archives, this seems
to be an answer...

moreover, search can be added in any web site, so maybe squeak.org ??

Cédrick

Re: Custom Search Engine for Squeak and related projects, please help

Matthias Berth-2
I think we could have the mailing lists as "refinements"
http://google.com/coop/manage/cse/refinements?cx=008315932112852043911%3Ayuibfrpnbc0

It says:
Refinements are labels that you apply to web sites. They appear as a
list of links above search results, offering users a way to narrow
their search. When a user clicks a refinement label, the sites that
you have labeled are given priority in the results. In addition to
labeling sites, you can also specify additional words that are added
to users' queries when they click a label, providing even more
targeted results.

What do you think?

Matthias

2007/3/26, Matthias Berth <[hidden email]>:

> I think we could have the mailing lists as "refinements"
> http://google.com/coop/manage/cse/refinements?cx=008315932112852043911%3Ayuibfrpnbc0
>
> It says:
> Refinements are labels that you apply to web sites. They appear as a
> list of links above search results, offering users a way to narrow
> their search. When a user clicks a refinement label, the sites that
> you have labeled are given priority in the results. In addition to
> labeling sites, you can also specify additional words that are added
> to users' queries when they click a label, providing even more
> targeted results.
>

> What do you think?

looks interesting too... but I think it's better to keep separated
general information and technical one... Anyway, we can try both...
But I really think it could be a kind of information we could include
in official website in the documentation section...(I was thinking of
seaside.st)...

See you

Cédrick

ps: sorry quite busy right now so I cannot really spend time on it :(