D6 Upgrades Now Available for Beta users

12

D6 Upgrades Now Available for Beta users

Andy Bower-3
Folks,

Well, it's been a bit of a rush but we've now got the e-commerce stuff
ready for purchasing upgrades to D6. I apologise to those people who
live in the earlier time zones for forcing you to live without Dolphin
for the last few hours :-)

Those beta testers who would like to upgrade to D6 now can do so using
the latest incarnation of the new website. Please go to:

http://www.object-arts.co.uk:8085/index.html

Note the 8085 port number which is essential. The old beta test site on
port 80 is still there but is no longer in use. Please use the new site
from now on until it transfers over to object-arts.com.

I'm not going to tell you how to perform the upgrade as I want to leave
it as a test to see if the site and the process is self explanatory
enough. Can I just say, though, that you will have to dig out your
original Dolphin order (you will need the serial number and original
e-mail address or the serial number and order number). You shouldn't
use your beta serial number for the upgrade as it won't be recognised.

The full price of Dolphin X6 Professional is $475 and the upgrade price
from DPro 5 is nominally $275. If you bought DPro 5 after the 1st of
January 2004 then the upgrade price is $125. When you get to the online
order form please check the prices look sensible before submitting the
order. We now use ShareIt for order processing and you can convert into
different currencies if you wish.

Please do not advertise the above link to anyone else. At this point
we'd only like the beta testers to make purchases.

Please let us know if there are any problems.

Best Regards,

--
Andy Bower
Dolphin Support

Re: D6 Upgrades Now Available for Beta users

Christoph J. Bachinger
"Andy Bower" <[hidden email]> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:[hidden email]...
> Please let us know if there are any problems.

Everything was fine for me. I got the new serial number from the website. If
it is interesting I ordered at 12:38 and got the Serial Number 15:00.

best regards
cjb

Re: D6 Upgrades Now Available for Beta users

Ian Bartholomew-20
Andy,

Went through the upgrade order without any problem.  The only "gotcha"
was that I didn't make a note of the download address/unlock code, I
assumed they would also be sent by email, but nothing arrived?.  Easy
enough to get round though, I logged back into the share it site and got
it from the order history entry.

Ian

Re: D6 Upgrades Now Available for Beta users

Sean Malloy-11

> Please let us know if there are any problems.

Worked perfectly for me. Thanks Andy!

Re: D6 Upgrades Now Available for Beta users

Steve Alan Waring
Hi Ian/Andy

FWIW: I got two emails from share-it. The first contained my keycode
(Subject: License Code for Dolphin Smalltalk X6 Professional (share-it! Ref
#XXX)) and the second was a receipt (Subject: share-it! - Payment details
(Ref#XXX)).

Ian, possibly a spam filter problem?

Steve
--
Steve Waring

Re: D6 Upgrades Now Available for Beta users

Ian Bartholomew-20
Steve,

> FWIW: I got two emails from share-it. The first contained my keycode
> (Subject: License Code for Dolphin Smalltalk X6 Professional (share-it! Ref
> #XXX)) and the second was a receipt (Subject: share-it! - Payment details
> (Ref#XXX)).

Thanks, the email with licence key just arrived - about half an hour
after the receipt.

I'm just too impatient :-)

Ian

Re: D6 Upgrades Now Available for Beta users

Christopher J. Demers
"Andy Bower" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:[hidden email]...
> Please let us know if there are any problems.

Everything went smoothly for me.  I did copy the new serial number from the
website.  It is nice to be able to get the serial number right on the web
after ordering.  However it takes a while to get the follow-up e-mail with
the serial number.  I got a message with a PDF invoice, but did not get an
e-mail that includes the new serial number until 33 minutes later.  I
ordered at 3:07 AM EST and did not get the e-mail with the serial number
until 3:40 AM EST.

Just a low priority idea for the future:  It might be nice to have a way to
re-enable an expired image with a new serial number.  I can see how someone
might write some code in a demo image, have it expire, purchase Dolphin and
want to pickup their image where they left off.

Chris

Ted

Re: D6 Upgrades Now Available for Beta users

Ted
Interestingly, my D5 licence, bought on 30 April 2002, expired on 1
October 2000 ...

No problem ordering it, I did find it a bit of a nuisance that I had to
type in my full name and address twice, once at the Dolphin site and
completely the same info again at the ShareIt site.

Also, I'm glad that I copied the licence key when it was shown on the
share-it page, becuase neither the invoice nor the order confirmation
contained it and I didn't get any other email with it so the number
would have been lost if I hadn't copied it. For D4 and D5 I'm sure I got
an order confirmation (from Digibuy) that contained the licence key.

Ted

Re: D6 Upgrades Now Available for Beta users

TimM-3
Well I tried the failure case - for some strange reason my credit card
company rejected the order (possibly as I ordered in $'s not pounds) however
I was able to loop around use a different card and the download worked
correctly.

I got emails for the rejection and the success which is comforting.

More interingly - during this, the telephone rang - it was an automtated
message from Halifax, confirming a suspicious transaction... I had to press
some keys to confirm my last 4 transactions. They called about as fast as I
got the rejection email.

Technology in action...

Tim

Ted

Ted wrote:

> Interestingly, my D5 licence, bought on 30 April 2002, expired on 1
> October 2000 ...
>
> No problem ordering it, I did find it a bit of a nuisance that I had to
> type in my full name and address twice, once at the Dolphin site and
> completely the same info again at the ShareIt site.
>
> Also, I'm glad that I copied the licence key when it was shown on the
> share-it page, becuase neither the invoice nor the order confirmation
> contained it and I didn't get any other email with it so the number
> would have been lost if I hadn't copied it. For D4 and D5 I'm sure I got
> an order confirmation (from Digibuy) that contained the licence key.
>
> Ted

After reading Ian's comments about the licence key I thought I'll have a
look in my order history. Nothing there ...

Now almost 2 hours after my order, still no email confirmation of the
licence key ...

Ted

Re: D6 Upgrades Now Available for Beta users

Ian Bartholomew-20
Ted ,

> After reading Ian's comments about the licence key I thought I'll have a
> look in my order history. Nothing there ...

Just to clarify, that's the order history on the share-it site.

Ian

Re: D6 Upgrades Now Available for Beta users

Andy Bower-3
Ted,

> > Interestingly, my D5 licence, bought on 30 April 2002, expired on 1
> > October 2000 ...

Yes, the expiry date on the My Dolphin page is currently incorrect. It
is only working for trial versions at the moment.

> > No problem ordering it, I did find it a bit of a nuisance that I
> > had to type in my full name and address twice, once at the Dolphin
> > site and completely the same info again at the ShareIt site.

Erm.. you should never have to type in your name and address at our
site. That must have been a ShareIt page. The only thing you should
have to type in at our site is your serial number and e-mail address.

> > Also, I'm glad that I copied the licence key when it was shown on
> > the share-it page, becuase neither the invoice nor the order
> > confirmation contained it and I didn't get any other email with it
> > so the number would have been lost if I hadn't copied it. For D4
> > and D5 I'm sure I got an order confirmation (from Digibuy) that
> > contained the licence key.

You should definitely get an e-mail containing the license key. I think
the ShareIt site must be reacting slowly at the moment. Of course, the
interesting thing is that people purchasing from DigiBuy probably
wouldn't complain about the delay because they wouldn't have received
the serial number immediately in response web page. They would probably
just think that it was taking some time to validate the order with the
vendor.

> After reading Ian's comments about the licence key I thought I'll
> have a look in my order history. Nothing there ...
>
> Now almost 2 hours after my order, still no email confirmation of the
> licence key ...

Another possibility is that ShareIt are manually tracking the current
orders. We have had this ShareIt account setup for quite a long time
now and it has been dormant... maybe they are just interested in the
sudden interest?

--
Andy Bower
Dolphin Support
www.object-arts.com

Re: D6 Upgrades Now Available for Beta users

Udo Schneider
Andy Bower wrote:
> I'm not going to tell you how to perform the upgrade as I want to leave
> it as a test to see if the site and the process is self explanatory
> enough. Can I just say, though, that you will have to dig out your
> original Dolphin order (you will need the serial number and original
> e-mail address or the serial number and order number). You shouldn't
> use your beta serial number for the upgrade as it won't be recognised.
Just went through the upgrade process without any problem (finding the
old license and *Order Code* !!!) was a different story.

The only misleading thing was after the order was completed by ShareIt.
Below the confirmation there was an (non-highlighted, easy-to-miss)
sentence telling me about an error: "[...] License generation failed
[...] We'll contact you in the next 24h [...]". It seems that if ShareIt
had your license generator it failed.

CU,

Udo

Re: D6 Upgrades Now Available for Beta users

Andy Bower-3
Udo,

> The only misleading thing was after the order was completed by
> ShareIt. Below the confirmation there was an (non-highlighted,
> easy-to-miss) sentence telling me about an error: "[...] License
> generation failed [...] We'll contact you in the next 24h [...]". It
> seems that if ShareIt had your license generator it failed.

I think you have just been unlucky in ordering just at the moment I
took the server down. Please read my other post entitled "IMPORTANT:
New website down". I've e-mailed ShareIt to change their key generator
to a new port on our server. If you don't receive a key in the next few
hours please e-mail me directly and I will send one through to you.

Sorry about the inconvenience.

Andy Bower wrote:
> I think you have just been unlucky in ordering just at the moment I
> took the server down. Please read my other post entitled "IMPORTANT:
> New website down". I've e-mailed ShareIt to change their key generator
> to a new port on our server. If you don't receive a key in the next few
> hours please e-mail me directly and I will send one through to you.
> Sorry about the inconvenience.
No problem ... at least you got first-hand feedback what customers might
recieve in this case :-)

CU,

Udo

Re: D6 Upgrades Now Available for Beta users

Sean Malloy-11

>> Please let us know if there are any problems.
>
> Worked perfectly for me. Thanks Andy!

I never did get an e-mail confirming my purchase, or a serial number (I
copied that info down when it first appeared on the share-it site though)

Re: D6 Upgrades Now Available for Beta users

Esteban A. Maringolo-2
Andy Bower escribió:
> Folks,

 > [SNIP]

> The full price of Dolphin X6 Professional is $475 and the upgrade price
> from DPro 5 is nominally $275. If you bought DPro 5 after the 1st of
> January 2004 then the upgrade price is $125. When you get to the online
> order form please check the prices look sensible before submitting the
> order. We now use ShareIt for order processing and you can convert into
> different currencies if you wish.

Are buyers of others D5 editions (VE, SE) eligible for upgrades?

Best regards.

--
Esteban.

Ted

Ted wrote:

> Ted wrote:
>
>> Interestingly, my D5 licence, bought on 30 April 2002, expired on 1
>> October 2000 ...
>>
>> No problem ordering it, I did find it a bit of a nuisance that I had
>> to type in my full name and address twice, once at the Dolphin site
>> and completely the same info again at the ShareIt site.
>>
>> Also, I'm glad that I copied the licence key when it was shown on the
>> share-it page, becuase neither the invoice nor the order confirmation
>> contained it and I didn't get any other email with it so the number
>> would have been lost if I hadn't copied it. For D4 and D5 I'm sure I
>> got an order confirmation (from Digibuy) that contained the licence key.
>>
>> Ted
>

> After reading Ian's comments about the licence key I thought I'll have a
> look in my order history. Nothing there ...
>
> Now almost 2 hours after my order, still no email confirmation of the
> licence key ...
>
> Ted

Patience does it. Just got my confirmation with licence key at 12.30 - 4
and a bit hours after ordering.

Ted

Re: D6 Upgrades Now Available for Beta users

Andy Bower-3
Esteban

> Are buyers of others D5 editions (VE, SE) eligible for upgrades?

Yes, of course. I just haven't listed them here because there are too
many combinations. When the website is back up just log in to your My
Dolphin page you will see the upgrade price that applies to your
current purchase.

Best regards

--
Andy Bower
Dolphin Support

IMPORTANT: New website link

Andy Bower-3
Folks,

The new website is back up and ready to take orders again. Please use
this link rather than the one I posted earlier (note the change of port
number)

http://www.object-arts.co.uk:8150/

Best regards,

--