[DEBIAN] latest standard vm package

laza

Hi!

FWIW, I've built a new VM on my machine with the latest sources and
latest VMMaker updates (for a standard VM). Thanks Dave for your help
on this.
As a result here is a debian package from this just in case anyone on
Ubuntu or Debian wants to sneak a peek.

http://www.lazarevic.de/download/squeak/squeak-vm_4.3.15.2330-1_i386.deb

I used the package from the debian and just replaced the sources. I
disabled my unfortunate patch for the sources path (this should be
removed for good) and had to disable the patch for the browser plugin.
So there is no guaranty for nothing on this package and the squeakvm
it contains.

These are the included vm plugins:

"Internal Plugins"       "External Plugins"
ADPCMCodecPlugin         B3DAcceleratorPlugin
AsynchFilePlugin         B3DEnginePlugin
BMPReadWriterPlugin      FFIPlugin
BalloonEnginePlugin      FT2Plugin
BitBltSimulation         FileCopyPlugin
CroquetPlugin            HostWindowPlugin
DSAPlugin                MIDIPlugin
DeflatePlugin            Mpeg3Plugin
DropPlugin               UnixAioPlugin
FFTPlugin                UnixOSProcessPlugin
FilePlugin               XDisplayControlPlugin
FloatArrayPlugin
FloatMathPlugin
GeniePlugin
JPEGReadWriter2Plugin
JPEGReaderPlugin
JoystickTabletPlugin
KlattSynthesizerPlugin
LargeIntegersPlugin
LocalePlugin
Matrix2x3Plugin
MiscPrimitivePlugin
NewsqueakIA32ABIPlugin
RePlugin
SecurityPlugin
SerialPlugin
SlangTestSupportPlugin
SocketPlugin
SoundCodecPlugin
SoundGenerationPlugin
SoundPlugin
StarSqueakPlugin
SurfacePlugin
UUIDPlugin

Alex

Re: [squeak-dev] [DEBIAN] latest standard vm package

Andrey Larionov

is there a debian source archive?
Maybe create a PPA on launchpad and configure continnuous building?

2010/11/8 Andrey Larionov <[hidden email]>
is there a debian source archive?

No, just the plain package for manual installation.

Maybe create a PPA on launchpad and configure continnuous building?

I thought about that, but for continuous building it would be necessary to generate part of the sources by VMMaker. I'm not sure that running Squeak as part of the build process is at all possible on launchpad.

Alex

Re: [squeak-dev] [DEBIAN] latest standard vm package

Andrey Larionov

Could you share debdiff for building package (debian folder and any
changes you make to original sources)?

Andrey

Re: [squeak-dev] [DEBIAN] latest standard vm package

Bert Freudenberg

On 08.11.2010, at 13:30, Alexander Lazarević wrote:

2010/11/8 Andrey Larionov <[hidden email]>
is there a debian source archive?

No, just the plain package for manual installation.

Maybe create a PPA on launchpad and configure continnuous building?

I thought about that, but for continuous building it would be necessary to generate part of the sources by VMMaker. I'm not sure that running Squeak as part of the build process is at all possible on launchpad.

The generated sources are checked into the source tree. This step could be independently set up on a separate machine.

- Bert -