DMU tutorial, Blender

waufrepi
Hello all,

   this is my first post, so please inform if I address any issues in the wrong
way.
My first and most important question is:

 will the BCG "holy Trinity" continue to to be supported. I use both packages
frequently and realy, realy hope that Blender in particular will be an option
for modeling and animating objects in Croquet. After a year (on and off) I'm
finally getting the hang of Blender....it's a bit of a bear.

Second,
  I've been following this tutorial:
http://www.dmu.com/crb/crb0.html
  and have arrived here:
http://www.dmu.com/crb/crb19.html
  but can't get the NavigatorMaster object up. I get this:
http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj228/waufrepi/NavigatorMasterError.jpg

I'm at my wits end.

John

Re: DMU tutorial, Blender

Paul Sheldon-2

--- [hidden email] wrote:

> Hello all,
>
>    this is my first post, so please inform if I
> address any issues in the wrong
> way.
> My first and most important question is:
>
>  will the BCG "holy Trinity" continue to to be
> supported. I use both packages
> frequently and realy, realy hope that Blender in
> particular will be an option
> for modeling and animating objects in Croquet.

I don't see why once they had thrashed out how to
import
blender's exports into croquet they would take it out.

>After
> a year (on and off) I'm
> finally getting the hang of Blender....it's a bit of
> a bear.

I found blender a bear that gave me pride. I used
notions of Darwin
to get how to use it on a mac, though I had to
explicitly use
it for constructing gimp2. Americo's instructions were
for PC and
not mac and that brought Darwin evolutionary code
import
concepts to bear, the notions inherent in a portfile.

> Second,
>   I've been following this tutorial:
> http://www.dmu.com/crb/crb0.html
>   and have arrived here:
> http://www.dmu.com/crb/crb19.html
>   but can't get the NavigatorMaster object up. I get
> this:

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj228/waufrepi/NavigatorMasterError.jpg

> I'm at my wits end.
I believe this is a call stack that shows the final
procedures called
on the top and regresses back to what called them as
you go down.

I saw openAl and recalled a thread on this trouble on
this list.

This list's archive is :
http://www.nabble.com/Croquet---User-f14183.html

It has a search window you can write openAL in.

Windows doesn't automatically install openAL or
openGL.
For openGL, you must use special code given by your
video card vender. I wondered : maybe they also give
openAL, too?
However, below, I find
a direct link to install openAL from the openAL
organization.

Let's see :
I filled in the search window and got 208 matching
posts. Can I recall
which post seemed hottest? We'll see.

http://www.nabble.com/Who-I-met-this-morning---to10003590.html#a10039873

Howard Stearns wrote (Apr 17, 2007; 12:38pm) :
This one may be OpenAL.

You can confirm this if you do not have this error
with Croquet(Master) or
Demo(Master), but do get the error with
SimpleDemo(Master), Sailing(Master) or
KAT Demo.

Install the OpenAL application library (you do not
need the OpenAL SDK or
development distro) from
http://www.openal.org/downloads.html

Hope this helps.

Re: DMU tutorial, Blender

waufrepi
thanks! I got it going. I could of sworn I had installed the openAL when I
reinstalled the ATI drivers. I of course was going nuts. The Nabble link is a
Gem to. I've been googling without much avail. I'll be around. ciao