4 messages Options
tty
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

-DNDEBUG

tty

Hi Eliot.

I have the /build.linux32x86/squeak.stack.v3/ tree ported. Since I am on a 64 bit machine with 32 bit libs, I cannot test these--however, the configuration compilation steps run--compilation just fails.

In build.linux32x86_64/squeak.stack.v3/  I can build just fine as I have configuration options that work for this platform for both mvm and mvm_assert.

However, whenever I compile anything without the -DNDEBUG preprocessor flag (which, according to my reading, has the preprocessor strip out debugging code) the compile fails.
This is effecting mvm_debug and mvm_debug_threaded_heartbeat.

I really do not feel like tracking this down at the moment and am considering adopting the policy of only adding mvm scripts that work.

What do you think?

thx.

tty

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: -DNDEBUG

Eliot Miranda-2

On Fri, May 30, 2014 at 11:27 AM, gettimothy <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Eliot.

I have the /build.linux32x86/squeak.stack.v3/ tree ported. Since I am on a 64 bit machine with 32 bit libs, I cannot test these--however, the configuration compilation steps run--compilation just fails.

In build.linux32x86_64/squeak.stack.v3/  I can build just fine as I have configuration options that work for this platform for both mvm and mvm_assert.

However, whenever I compile anything without the -DNDEBUG preprocessor flag (which, according to my reading, has the preprocessor strip out debugging code) the compile fails.
This is effecting mvm_debug and mvm_debug_threaded_heartbeat.

I really do not feel like tracking this down at the moment and am considering adopting the policy of only adding mvm scripts that work.

What do you think?

Please add the NDEBUG ones.  If they don't work they don't work.  But if they're not there how can anyone fix them?  And I depend on these configs for denugging.

thx.

tty

--
best,
Eliot
tty
Reply | Threaded
|

tty

Hi Eliot.

>>Please add the NDEBUG ones.  If they don't work they don't work.  But if they're not there how can anyone fix them?  And I depend on these configs for denugging.

I took it upon myself to give them the suffix ".broken" i.e.  mvm_debug.broken  

cordially,

t

Reply | Threaded
|

timrowledge
In reply to this post by Eliot Miranda-2

On 30-05-2014, at 2:30 PM, Eliot Miranda <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Please add the NDEBUG ones.  If they don't work they don't work.  But if they're not there how can anyone fix them?  And I depend on these configs for denugging.

That denugging is crucially important, too.

tim
--
tim Rowledge; [hidden email]; http://www.rowledge.org/tim
Cloister: a pretentious clam