classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Dark background colors for system windows

Karl Ramberg
Hi,
Here is latest change set for trunk image with dark background colors for system windows.

Install change set.
Select in menu: 
Extras/ Window Colors/ Dark Background Colors

Best,
Karl

DarkBackgroundColor.11.cs.gz (13K) Download Attachment
cbc
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Dark background colors for system windows

cbc
Hi Karl,
I like it (so far), but a warning for others trying this. It works best if you can close all windows and re-open.  I you have lots of open windows (say, workspaces) with unfinished work in them that you can't throw away, the results will be 'wonky'.  The text is highlighted dark, but the background is white.  (newly opened workspaces are good, though).  Similar funny business with Browsers, but those are easier to deal with.

Also, I think it made a chance to the world background/color at the same time.  I wouldn't have expected that.

-cbc

On Thu, Jun 2, 2016 at 11:49 AM, karl ramberg <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,
Here is latest change set for trunk image with dark background colors for system windows.

Install change set.
Select in menu: 

Best,
Karl

Reply | Threaded
|

Karl Ramberg
Ah, good point. 
Use this change set with caution. 
It does not relyably update already open windows. (Yet)

And you are right that the desktop color changes, the default desktop background is quite bright compared to the windows background color.

Best,
Karl

On Thu, Jun 2, 2016 at 10:15 PM, Chris Cunningham <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Karl,
I like it (so far), but a warning for others trying this. It works best if you can close all windows and re-open.  I you have lots of open windows (say, workspaces) with unfinished work in them that you can't throw away, the results will be 'wonky'.  The text is highlighted dark, but the background is white.  (newly opened workspaces are good, though).  Similar funny business with Browsers, but those are easier to deal with.

Also, I think it made a chance to the world background/color at the same time.  I wouldn't have expected that.

-cbc

Hi,

Install change set.
Select in menu: 

Best,
Karl

cbc
Reply | Threaded
|

cbc
Also, pop up balloons need work. Light yellow on slightly less light yellow isn't readable at all.

-cbc

On Fri, Jun 3, 2016 at 2:43 AM, karl ramberg <[hidden email]> wrote:
Ah, good point. 
Use this change set with caution. 
It does not relyably update already open windows. (Yet)

And you are right that the desktop color changes, the default desktop background is quite bright compared to the windows background color.

Best,
Karl

On Thu, Jun 2, 2016 at 10:15 PM, Chris Cunningham <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Karl,

-cbc

Hi,

Install change set.
Select in menu: 

Best,
Karl