Debugging block returns (runUntilErrorOrReturnFrom:)

Debugging block returns (runUntilErrorOrReturnFrom:)

Nicolai Hess
Does anybody knows something about the status of the change
in Context(Part) runUntilErrorOrReturnFrom:

eliot proposed a change (something about dead sender contexts)
(years ago :)
I don't see this version in current squeak 4.5 images.
This change is in the current pharo image but it givves some strange
behavior while debugging block returns.

13271 inconsistent behaviour when debugging

Stepping over this code will show the inspector, although the debugger
should return in  the ^self send block .
[ ^ self ] value.
^ 1 inspect.

Re: Debugging block returns (runUntilErrorOrReturnFrom:)

Eliot Miranda-2
Hi Nicolai,

    I apologise for the confusion I have caused here.

On Thu, Aug 21, 2014 at 11:21 AM, Nicolai Hess <[hidden email]> wrote:
Does anybody knows something about the status of the change
in Context(Part) runUntilErrorOrReturnFrom:

eliot proposed a change (something about dead sender contexts)
(years ago :)
I don't see this version in current squeak 4.5 images.

Right.  Th fix I proposed was incorrect.  The bug lay elsewhere (IIRC in the VM).  Instead the version with stamp 'ajh 5/20/2004 17:20' is the correct one.  Again I apologise for any problems I've caused here.

--
best,
Eliot

Re: Debugging block returns (runUntilErrorOrReturnFrom:)

Nicolai Hess

Hi Nicolai,

    I apologise for the confusion I have caused here.

On Thu, Aug 21, 2014 at 11:21 AM, Nicolai Hess <[hidden email]> wrote:
Does anybody knows something about the status of the change
in Context(Part) runUntilErrorOrReturnFrom:

eliot proposed a change (something about dead sender contexts)
(years ago :)
I don't see this version in current squeak 4.5 images.

Right.  Th fix I proposed was incorrect.  The bug lay elsewhere (IIRC in the VM).  Instead the version with stamp 'ajh 5/20/2004 17:20' is the correct one.  Again I apologise for any problems I've caused here.

Ah, thank you for the clarification.
I am just glad we resolved this. :)

nicolai