Debugging

laura
Hi all,

I'm new to the framework. I've read the Dynamic Web Development book, but i haven't fully understood how do you debug an app.

Is there a way to get the usual predebugger / debugger (on Pharo v3) when at a web browser you get errors like "Your request could not be completed. An exception occurred." ?

Best,
Laura

Re: Debugging

jtuchel
Laura,

Seaside ships with several error handlers (subclssses of WAErrorHandler iirc). One of them offers a link with a callback that will open a debugger in the image.

You need to configure your application to use the desired error handler. Either go to /config and use the gui or add the error handler in your code that registers your Application.

I'm not close to a Smalltalk image right now, so I can't give you concrete soudce code...

Joachim

Am 17.02.2015 04:58 schrieb Laura Risani <[hidden email]>:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm new to the framework. I've read the Dynamic Web Development book, but i haven't fully understood how do you debug an app.
>
> Is there a way to get the usual predebugger / debugger (on Pharo v3) when at a web browser you get errors like "Your request could not be completed. An exception occurred." ?
>
> Best,
> Laura

Re: Debugging

HilaireFernandes

See my question a few days ago. Debug is now unactivated by default in
Seaside.
You can follow this thread to activate it:
http://forum.world.st/Debugger-not-any-more-with-Seaside-3-x-tt4803563.html

Hilaire

Le 17/02/2015 04:58, Laura Risani a écrit :

> Hi all,
>
> I'm new to the framework. I've read the Dynamic Web Development book,
> but i haven't fully understood how do you debug an app.
>
> Is there a way to get the usual predebugger / debugger (on Pharo v3)
> when at a web browser you get errors like "Your request could not be
> completed. An exception occurred." ?
>
> Best,
> Laura

Dr. Geo - http://drgeo.eu
iStoa - http://istoa.drgeo.eu

Re: Debugging

laura
Excellent.
My apologies for not searching first through archived list mails,
i'll do it in the future before posting.

Hi,

Dr. Geo - http://drgeo.eu
iStoa - http://istoa.drgeo.eu