Demos not working on Vista

Somnath Mitra

Greetings,

I have installed the Cobalt version on my Vista PC. Cobalt/Croquet comes up correctly and I could open a workspace, load packages, etc. When I try to use the Demos in Master or Participant mode, either the VM crashes or the blue window just stays blue. My aim was to get the FreeCAD demos running. But that seems far away. Any pointers on how to get the standard demos up and running?

Thanks,
Somnath.

Demos not working on Vista

vijaysena1
Hi,
I believe it has got to do with your graphic drivers. Try to reinstall them. If
it still doesn't work try something given here
http://blog.loaz.com/timwang/index.php/2007/08/28/fix_for_graphic_card_drivers_
causes_croq
Even if your graphics card isn't from nvidia, you should probably give it a
try. It worked for me :)
-John

Re: Demos not working on Vista

Phua Khai Fong
Are you using nvdia card?

A friend of mine once had this problem too, we solved it by tweaking one of the options in the graphic card properties, I can't recall now which it is but you can try to right-click and change the graphic card's property one at a time until you find the right setting. I'm not using vista but I'll try to get you the setting.

Regards,
Phua Khai Fong

I have installed the Cobalt version on my Vista PC. Cobalt/Croquet comes up correctly and I could open a workspace, load packages, etc. When I try to use the Demos in Master or Participant mode, either the VM crashes or the blue window just stays blue. My aim was to get the FreeCAD demos running. But that seems far away. Any pointers on how to get the standard demos up and running?

Thanks,
Somnath.

RE: Demos not working on Vista

Somnath Mitra