Deprecate PowerManagement class?

timrowledge
This ancient fudge for old Mac OS power management infelicities probably has no further purpose. Can we deprecate it? Getting rid of it would slightly simplify the VM too.

tim
Strange OpCodes: SARTRE: (Statement has no purpose)

Re: Deprecate PowerManagement class?

Levente Uzonyi
On Fri, 1 Feb 2019, tim Rowledge wrote:

> This ancient fudge for old Mac OS power management infelicities probably has no further purpose. Can we deprecate it? Getting rid of it would slightly simplify the VM too.

The comment says this class is for 3.x VMs running on macintosh machines.
I doubt there's a VM out there which can use this (perhaps the old 4.x
interpreter VMs) and run the Trunk image, so I say let's deprecate this
one too.

Levente

> tim
> Strange OpCodes: SARTRE: (Statement has no purpose)

Re: Deprecate PowerManagement class?

David T. Lewis
On Sun, Feb 03, 2019 at 04:30:49PM +0100, Levente Uzonyi wrote:

> On Fri, 1 Feb 2019, tim Rowledge wrote:
>
> >This ancient fudge for old Mac OS power management infelicities probably
> >has no further purpose. Can we deprecate it? Getting rid of it would
> >slightly simplify the VM too.
>
> The comment says this class is for 3.x VMs running on macintosh machines.
> I doubt there's a VM out there which can use this (perhaps the old 4.x
> interpreter VMs) and run the Trunk image, so I say let's deprecate this
> one too.

+1