Differences between olpc and trunk branches

Differences between olpc and trunk branches

Damien Cassou-3

Hi,

what are the differences between olpc and trunk branches? Is it
possible/desired to run from olpc branch on a PC?

Bye

--
Damien Cassou
Peter von der Ahé: «I'm beginning to see why Gilad wished us good
luck». (http://blogs.sun.com/ahe/entry/override_snafu)

Re: Differences between olpc and trunk branches

Bert Freudenberg

Am 12.09.2008 um 08:34 schrieb Damien Cassou:

> Hi,
>
> what are the differences between olpc and trunk branches?

See http://squeakvm.org/svn/squeak/branches/olpc/squeak-vm.spec

   - 3.10-olpc10; SVN r. 1914
   - make /dev/std(in|out|err) use stdin, stdout, stderr (bf)

   - 3.10-olpc9; SVN r. 1909
   - fix timezone offset in LocalePlugin to respect TZ variable (bf)

   - 3.10-olpc8; SVN r. 1907
   - fix sign of timezone offset in LocalePlugin (bf)
   - add SQUEAK_FAKEBIGCURSOR workaround for #8008 (bf)

   - 3.10-3olpc7; SVN r. 1904
   - Fix DBusPlugin openContainer (trac #7624)

   - 3.10-olpc6; SVN r. 1901
   - fix line ending when pasting (tak)

   - 3.10-3olpc5; SVN r. 1899
   - re-enable new (IPv6) socket primitives (bf)
   - RomePlugin pango fixes (yo)

   - 3.10-3olpc4; SVN r. 1895
   - RomePlugin pango fixes (yo)
   - X11 drag-and-drop fixes (tak)

   - 3.10-3olpc3; SVN r.1889
   - prefer 24 and 16 bpp over 32 to fix alpha issue in compositing
desktops (bf)

   - 3.10-3olpc2; SVN r.1879
   - re-add big cursor support (bf)

> Is it possible/desired to run from olpc branch on a PC?

Sure that works. All but the very latest std streams fixes are non-
controversial and will be folded back to the main VM asap.

- Bert -