DigitalSignatureAlgorithm>>#initRandomNonInteractively is not random

123

Re: Re:[CryptographyTeam]Re:DigitalSignatureAlgorithm>>#initRandomNonInteractivelyisnotrandom

Rob Withers-2

Re: Re:[CryptographyTeam]Re:DigitalSignatureAlgorithm>>#initRandomNonInteractivelyisnotrandom

Rob Withers-2
I just tried with this version of VMMaker:  VMMaker-John M McIntosh.184 with
the same result.

> [squeak-dev]Re:[CryptographyTeam]Re:DigitalSignatureAlgorithm>>#initRandomNonInteractivelyisnotrandom>
> On Fri, 3 Sep 2010, Rob Withers wrote:

>>> From: "Levente Uzonyi" <[hidden email]>

>>> I downloaded SqueakVM-Win32-4.1.1-src.zip and installed.  Took a clean
>>> 4.2 image and loaded the latest VMMaker and then tried to generate and
>>> build. Same problem as before.
>>
>> Which version of VMMaker did you load?
>>

> VMMaker-dtl.185

Re: Re:[CryptographyTeam]Re:DigitalSignatureAlgorithm>>#initRandomNonInteractivelyisnotrandom

Levente Uzonyi-2
On Fri, 3 Sep 2010, Rob Withers wrote:

You loaded ConfigurationOfMetacello instead of ConfigurationOfVMMaker,
that's why it doesn't work. I know this because ConfigurationOfVMMaker
loads VMMaker-dtl.169, not VMMaker-dtl.185.

And ConfigurationOfVMMaker can't load VMMaker, because there's a bug in
HTTPSocket class >> #httpRequest:url:headers:content:response:. It double
encodes the value of rawUrl. This prevents the code to load
"Freetype-Plugin-John M McIntosh.55.mcz" because the filename contains
spaces (initials shouldn't contain spaces...). Which are encoded to %20,
then %20 is encoded to %2520 which results in a 404 error.

After getting over this issue, I could generate the source of all
plugins on windows (which can be built on windows).

Levente

> Thanks,
> Rob
>>
>> Levente
>>
>>> Loaded the UI.  Where is it at?  I see no menu option to open up a
>>> MetacelloLoader or whatever.  This is not a point and click system.
>>>
>>> Rob

Re: Re:[CryptographyTeam]Re:DigitalSignatureAlgorithm>>#initRandomNonInteractivelyisnotrandom

Rob Withers-2

>> [squeak-dev]Re:[CryptographyTeam]Re:DigitalSignatureAlgorithm>>#initRandomNonInteractivelyisnotrandom>

>>> You shouldn't load Metacello by hand. Just load the
>>> ConfigurationOfVMMaker from squeaksource.com/MetacelloRepository , then
>>> evaluate [ConfigurationOfVMMaker load] (if it doesn't work try
>>> [ConfigurationOfVMMaker project latestVersion load]).
>>>

>> That's how I loaded by hand.
>>
>> I did this too, by hand:
>>
>> ConfigurationOfMetacello project latestVersion load: #('UI').
>>
>> ConfigurationOfMetacello project latestVersion load: #('Tutorial').
>>
>> now what?
>
> You loaded ConfigurationOfMetacello instead of ConfigurationOfVMMaker,
> that's why it doesn't work. I know this because ConfigurationOfVMMaker
> loads VMMaker-dtl.169, not VMMaker-dtl.185.

Ah, I see now.

> And ConfigurationOfVMMaker can't load VMMaker, because there's a bug in
> HTTPSocket class >> #httpRequest:url:headers:content:response:. It double
> encodes the value of rawUrl. This prevents the code to load
> "Freetype-Plugin-John M McIntosh.55.mcz" because the filename contains
> spaces (initials shouldn't contain spaces...). Which are encoded to %20,
> then %20 is encoded to %2520 which results in a 404 error.
>
> After getting over this issue, I could generate the source of all plugins
> on windows (which can be built on windows).

How do you get over that issue?  I am stuck there now.

Thanks,
Rob

> Levente
>

>> Thanks,
>> Rob
>>>
>>> Levente

Re: [CryptographyTeam]Re:DigitalSignatureAlgorithm>>#initRandomNonInteractivelyisnotrandom

Andreas.Raab
On 9/3/2010 4:25 PM, Levente Uzonyi wrote:
> And ConfigurationOfVMMaker can't load VMMaker, because there's a bug in
> HTTPSocket class >> #httpRequest:url:headers:content:response:. It
> double encodes the value of rawUrl. This prevents the code to load
> "Freetype-Plugin-John M McIntosh.55.mcz" because the filename contains
> spaces (initials shouldn't contain spaces...). Which are encoded to %20,
> then %20 is encoded to %2520 which results in a 404 error.

Ouch. What's the easiest way to reproduce this problem?

Cheers,
   - Andreas

On Fri, 3 Sep 2010, Andreas Raab wrote:

> On 9/3/2010 4:25 PM, Levente Uzonyi wrote:
>> And ConfigurationOfVMMaker can't load VMMaker, because there's a bug in
>> HTTPSocket class >> #httpRequest:url:headers:content:response:. It
>> double encodes the value of rawUrl. This prevents the code to load
>> "Freetype-Plugin-John M McIntosh.55.mcz" because the filename contains
>> spaces (initials shouldn't contain spaces...). Which are encoded to %20,
>> then %20 is encoded to %2520 which results in a 404 error.
>
> Ouch. What's the easiest way to reproduce this problem?

repository := MCHttpRepository
  location: 'http://source.impara.de/freetype'
  user: ''
  password: ''.
repository readStreamForFileNamed: 'Freetype-Plugin-John M McIntosh.55.mcz' do: [ :contents | 'ok' ].

This should print 'ok' instead of nil. Debug it for details.

Levente

On Sat, 4 Sep 2010, Levente Uzonyi wrote:

> On Fri, 3 Sep 2010, Andreas Raab wrote:
>
>> On 9/3/2010 4:25 PM, Levente Uzonyi wrote:
>>> And ConfigurationOfVMMaker can't load VMMaker, because there's a bug in
>>> HTTPSocket class >> #httpRequest:url:headers:content:response:. It
>>> double encodes the value of rawUrl. This prevents the code to load
>>> "Freetype-Plugin-John M McIntosh.55.mcz" because the filename contains
>>> spaces (initials shouldn't contain spaces...). Which are encoded to %20,
>>> then %20 is encoded to %2520 which results in a 404 error.
>>
>> Ouch. What's the easiest way to reproduce this problem?
>
> repository := MCHttpRepository
> location: 'http://source.impara.de/freetype'
> user: ''
> password: ''.
> repository readStreamForFileNamed: 'Freetype-Plugin-John M McIntosh.55.mcz'
> do: [ :contents | 'ok' ].
>
> This should print 'ok' instead of nil. Debug it for details.

This example is even better:

HTTPSocket
  httpGet:  'http://source.impara.de/freetype/Freetype-Plugin-John M McIntosh.55.mcz'
  args: nil
  user: ''
  passwd: ''.

Levente

> Levente
>

>> Cheers,
>>  - Andreas

Re: Re:[CryptographyTeam]Re:DigitalSignatureAlgorithm>>#initRandomNonInteractivelyisnotrandom

Levente Uzonyi-2
On Fri, 3 Sep 2010, Rob Withers wrote:

No easy answer yet. I did it with the debugger. When you get the DNU,
select "aResolvedReference version" and debug it. Use over/into/through
till you get to HTTPSocket class >>
#httpRequest:url:headers:content:response:, then step over the last
assignment of rawUrl, and replace the double encoded string with a single
encoded version with the inspector. Proceed. In the original debugger go
back to MetacelloFetchingMCSpecLoader>>resolveDependencies:into: and
restart it, then proceed.

Levente

> Thanks,
> Rob
>

>> Levente
>>

>>> Thanks,
>>> Rob

Installing VMMaker

Rob Withers-2

>> How do you get over that issue?  I am stuck there now.
>
> No easy answer yet. I did it with the debugger. When you get the DNU,
> select "aResolvedReference version" and debug it. Use over/into/through
> till you get to HTTPSocket class >>
> #httpRequest:url:headers:content:response:, then step over the last
> assignment of rawUrl, and replace the double encoded string with a single
> encoded version with the inspector. Proceed. In the original debugger go
> back to MetacelloFetchingMCSpecLoader>>resolveDependencies:into: and
> restart it, then proceed.

How do I replace the double encoded string with a single encoded version?

Rob

Re: Installing VMMaker

Bert Freudenberg

On 04.09.2010, at 10:44, Rob Withers wrote:

> [...]

Using the inspector in the lower part of the debugger. Just change it. It's all just objects.

That's the power of Smalltalk - for all its quirks, you can fix about anything on the fly if needed.

- Bert -

Re: Installing VMMaker

Rob Withers-2
For some reason, I couldn't change the String.    Are they immutable now?  I
ended up doing a

self becomeForward: 'blah/blah%20blah.mcz'

all objects and message sending.  :-)

Re: Installing VMMaker

Bert Freudenberg

On 04.09.2010, at 14:24, Rob Withers wrote:

> For some reason, I couldn't change the String.   Are they immutable now?

No, but still fixed-length.

I meant not changing the string but replacing it with the right one. The debugger's inspector lists all temp vars. If you click on one, you see its value, which is the string . Just editing and accepting it there should change the variable.

>  I ended up doing a
>
> self becomeForward: 'blah/blah%20blah.mcz'
>
> all objects and message sending.  :-)

Yeah, if that's what it takes ;_

- Bert -

Re: Installing VMMaker

Rob Withers-2

> On 04.09.2010, at 14:24, Rob Withers wrote:
>
>> For some reason, I couldn't change the String.   Are they immutable now?
>
> No, but still fixed-length.
>
> I meant not changing the string but replacing it with the right one. The
> debugger's inspector lists all temp vars. If you click on one, you see its
> value, which is the string . Just editing and accepting it there should
> change the variable.

Oh right.  I had opened an inspector on the string.

HTTPSocket url encoding (Re: [CryptographyTeam]Re:DigitalSignatureAlgorithm>>#initRandomNonInteractivelyisnotrandom)

Andreas.Raab
On 9/3/2010 11:57 PM, Levente Uzonyi wrote:

> On Fri, 3 Sep 2010, Andreas Raab wrote:
>
>> On 9/3/2010 4:25 PM, Levente Uzonyi wrote:
>>> And ConfigurationOfVMMaker can't load VMMaker, because there's a bug in
>>> HTTPSocket class >> #httpRequest:url:headers:content:response:. It
>>> double encodes the value of rawUrl. This prevents the code to load
>>> "Freetype-Plugin-John M McIntosh.55.mcz" because the filename contains
>>> spaces (initials shouldn't contain spaces...). Which are encoded to %20,
>>> then %20 is encoded to %2520 which results in a 404 error.
>>
>> Ouch. What's the easiest way to reproduce this problem?
>
> repository := MCHttpRepository
> location: 'http://source.impara.de/freetype'
> user: ''
> password: ''.
> repository readStreamForFileNamed: 'Freetype-Plugin-John M
> McIntosh.55.mcz' do: [ :contents | 'ok' ].
>
> This should print 'ok' instead of nil. Debug it for details.

Thanks, fixed now. Looking at 4.1 it's clear that the incoming URLs are
all assumed to be encoded already (which isn't a bad idea for
consistency) so I just took that encoding out and added a more
straightforward way to escape incoming URLs by means of
String>>urlEncoded, i.e.,

        'http://squeak.org/name with space?key=value' urlEncoded.
        => 'http://squeak.org/name%20with%20space?key=value'

Not to be confused with #encodeForHTTP which would yield:

        'http://squeak.org/name with space?key=value' encodeForHTTP.
        => 'http%3A%2F%2Fsqueak.org%2Fname%20with%20space%3Fkey%3Dvalue'

Cheers,
   - Andreas

123