Distinguishing temp vars and arguments via DebuggerMap?

1 message Options

Distinguishing temp vars and arguments via DebuggerMap?

Christoph Thiede

Hi all,

I just found a bug in my context-dependent styling commit (ShoutCore-ct.66). In BlockContexts, it does not detect arguments correctly:

(For accessibility: Only a1 is marked as blue correctly. The other vars are all styled gray.)

The current implementation is actually quite hard-coded to extract the first context numArgs elements from context tempNames. The latter returns both all temp vars' and all arguments' names. I searched some time around but could not found any possibility to distinguish between temp vars and arguments using the Context or DebuggerMap. Did I miss something? Or is there really no getting around it to analyze the decompiled source again?

Best,

Christoph

Carpe Squeak!