Documentation Team Report Septemper 2006

Documentation Team Report Septemper 2006

Tapple Gao
The purpose of the Documentation team is to maintain and create
an organized, up-to-date collection of Squeak documentation,
especially for the purpose of helping new users acquaint
themselves with Squeak.

The documentation team seemed to collapse sometime in 2004; it
is now up and running again. However, none of the old
documentation team (except Giovanni Giorgi) seem to be active
anymore, so the team has to start from scratch. Currently, there
are only two active members of the team:

Matthew Fulmer
Derek O'Connel

Open issues:
- There is currently no place for discussion. I will establish a
  mailing list to correct that problem
- So far, we have not completed a single project.

Tasks in progress:
- The beginner's tutorial [1] is taking shape. It is currently
  undecided how much Morphic it will include
- Swiki Cleanup project is moving slowly. Documentation sent via
  the mailing list is being categorized in the index [2]
- Morphic Research and commenting. Morphic is being examined and
  studied, and is acquiring class comments.

Tasks in planning:
- Aaron Reichow is planning a series of Morphic tutorials

Long-Term goals:
- A diverse set of up-to-date tutorials, on various topics
- Incorperating tutorials and class comments into the official
  Squeak image

Active projects, and their status, is availible at:
http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/812

[1]: http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/5869
[2]: http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/2983

Matthew Fulmer

Re: Documentation Team Report Septemper 2006

karl-8
Matthew Fulmer skrev:

> The purpose of the Documentation team is to maintain and create
> an organized, up-to-date collection of Squeak documentation,
> especially for the purpose of helping new users acquaint
> themselves with Squeak.
>
> The documentation team seemed to collapse sometime in 2004; it
> is now up and running again. However, none of the old
> documentation team (except Giovanni Giorgi) seem to be active
> anymore, so the team has to start from scratch. Currently, there
> are only two active members of the team:
>
> Matthew Fulmer
> Derek O'Connel
>
> Open issues:
> - There is currently no place for discussion. I will establish a
>   mailing list to correct that problem
> - So far, we have not completed a single project.
>
> Tasks in progress:
> - The beginner's tutorial [1] is taking shape. It is currently
>   undecided how much Morphic it will include
> - Swiki Cleanup project is moving slowly. Documentation sent via
>   the mailing list is being categorized in the index [2]
> - Morphic Research and commenting. Morphic is being examined and
>   studied, and is acquiring class comments.
>
> Tasks in planning:
> - Aaron Reichow is planning a series of Morphic tutorials
>
> Long-Term goals:
> - A diverse set of up-to-date tutorials, on various topics
> - Incorperating tutorials and class comments into the official
>   Squeak image
>
> Active projects, and their status, is availible at:
> http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/812
>
> [1]: http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/5869
> [2]: http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/2983

Keep up the good work