DrGeoII, dynamic geometry for Squeak, released under LGPL

DrGeoII, dynamic geometry for Squeak, released under LGPL

Hilaire Fernandes-5
I am please to announce the distribution of DrGeoII, an interactive
geometry framework for Squeak, under the LGPL

http://www.squeaksource.com/DrGeoII.html

DrGeoII is roughly based on previous DrGeo (http://www.ofset.org/drgeo)

It is far to be finished, but it is already in a quite well polished and
usable state.

Hilaire Fernandes

Re: DrGeoII, dynamic geometry for Squeak, released under LGPL

Torsten Sadowski
Very nice!

The only problem I found was the non working property editor. But maybe I did
something wrong.

Would you think it feasible to develop DrGeo into a parametric (aka constrain
based) sketcher? Its used in about every MCAD software but I have never seen
an open source implementation.

Cheers, Torsten

Am Samstag, 24. Juni 2006 09:24 schrieb Hilaire Fernandes:

> I am please to announce the distribution of DrGeoII, an interactive
> geometry framework for Squeak, under the LGPL
>
> http://www.squeaksource.com/DrGeoII.html
>
> DrGeoII is roughly based on previous DrGeo (http://www.ofset.org/drgeo)
>

> It is far to be finished, but it is already in a quite well polished and
> usable state.
>
> Hilaire Fernandes

Re: DrGeoII, dynamic geometry for Squeak, released under LGPL

Hilaire Fernandes-5
Hello Torsten,

Torsten Sadowski a écrit :
> Very nice!
>
> The only problem I found was the non working property editor. But maybe I did
> something wrong.

A couple of features are not yet implemented

> Would you think it feasible to develop DrGeo into a parametric (aka constrain
> based) sketcher? Its used in about every MCAD software but I have never seen

Really I am not sure.

Hilaire

Re: DrGeoII, dynamic geometry for Squeak, released under LGPL

Luca Bruno aka Lethalman
How to run DrGeoII?
I'm using Squeak 3.9

--
www.lethalman.net - Thoughts about computer technologies
squeakgtk.pbwiki.com - Searching for developers for Gtk on Smalltalk Squeak

Re: DrGeoII, dynamic geometry for Squeak, released under LGPL

Torsten Sadowski
DrGApp new in a workspace.

Torsten

Am Mittwoch, 5. Juli 2006 19:03 schrieb Lethalman:

> How to run DrGeoII?
> I'm using Squeak 3.9
>
> On 7/5/06, Hilaire Fernandes <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hello Torsten,
> >
> > Torsten Sadowski a écrit :
> > > Very nice!
> > >
> > > The only problem I found was the non working property editor. But maybe
> > > I did something wrong.
> >
> > A couple of features are not yet implemented
> >
> > > Would you think it feasible to develop DrGeo into a parametric (aka
> > > constrain based) sketcher? Its used in about every MCAD software but I
> > > have never seen
> >
> > Really I am not sure.
> >
> > Hilaire

Re: DrGeoII, dynamic geometry for Squeak, released under LGPL

Luca Bruno aka Lethalman
I get an error, i'll tell you what's wrong in that when i run Squeak.
Has it been tested with 3.9?

--
www.lethalman.net - Thoughts about computer technologies
squeakgtk.pbwiki.com - Searching for developers for Gtk on Smalltalk Squeak

Re: DrGeoII, dynamic geometry for Squeak, released under LGPL

Boris.Gaertner
From: "Lethalman" <[hidden email]> wrote:

>I get an error, i'll tell you what's wrong in that when i run Squeak.
> Has it been tested with 3.9?

I experienced the same problem, but was able to run
DrGeoII in a fresh Squeak 3.8.
Seemingly in Squeak 3.9 two icons for the menu bar
got lost   (MenuIcons>>undoIcon, MenuIcons>>redoIcon)

Hope this helps
Boris

Lethalman a écrit :
> I get an error, i'll tell you what's wrong in that when i run Squeak.
> Has it been tested with 3.9?

Yes, it will not work with 3.9. It need tiny modification, it is because
the way to access Squeak icons has a bit changed between 3.8 and 3.8.

For now you can use it with 3.8

> On 7/5/06, Torsten Sadowski <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> DrGApp new in a workspace.
>>
>> Torsten
>>
>> Am Mittwoch, 5. Juli 2006 19:03 schrieb Lethalman:
>> > How to run DrGeoII?
>> > I'm using Squeak 3.9

>> But maybe

>> but I

Re: DrGeoII, dynamic geometry for Squeak, released under LGPL

Luca Bruno aka Lethalman
On 7/5/06, Hilaire Fernandes <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Lethalman a écrit :
> > I get an error, i'll tell you what's wrong in that when i run Squeak.
> > Has it been tested with 3.9?
>
> Yes, it will not work with 3.9. It need tiny modification, it is because
> the way to access Squeak icons has a bit changed between 3.8 and 3.8.

I just could open a DrGWindow but when i click on an image i get an
error on mouse release.

> For now you can use it with 3.8

Ok, i think' i'll wait until it works on a 3.9 image.
Good work.

--
www.lethalman.net - Thoughts about computer technologies
squeakgtk.pbwiki.com - Searching for developers for Gtk on Smalltalk Squeak

Re: DrGeoII, dynamic geometry for Squeak, released under LGPL

Luca Bruno aka Lethalman
On Wed, 05 Jul 2006 19:36:24 +0200, Hilaire Fernandes
<[hidden email]> wrote:
This is the bug report, hope it helps:

VM: unix - a SmalltalkImage
Image: Squeak3.9alpha [latest update: #7024]

SecurityManager state:
Restricted: false
FileAccess: true
SocketAccess: true
Working Dir /home/luca/smalltalk/squeak
Trusted Dir /home/luca/smalltalk/squeak/secure
Untrusted Dir /home/luca/smalltalk/squeak/My Squeak

MenuIcons class(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand: #undoIcon
        Receiver: MenuIcons
        Arguments and temporary variables:
                aMessage: undoIcon
        Receiver's instance variables:
                superclass: Object
                methodDict: a MethodDictionary()
                format: 2
                traitComposition: {}
                localSelectors: nil
                instanceVariables: nil
                organization: ('as yet unclassified')

                subclasses: nil
                name: #MenuIcons
                classPool: a Dictionary(#Icons->an IdentityDictionary(size 130)
#TranslatedIcon...etc...
                sharedPools: nil
                environment: a SystemDictionary(lots of globals)
                category: #'Morphic-Menus'

DrGGeometryView>>toolBar
        Receiver: a DrGGeometryView
        Arguments and temporary variables:
                bar: nil
                buttons: nil
                aKey: nil
        Receiver's instance variables:
                domain: a DrGDomain
                gridStuck: false
                presenter: nil
                area: a DrGDrawable(3239)
                drgeoApp: a DrGApp
                costumes: an OrderedCollection()
                ox: 0.0
                oy: 0.0
                scale: 34.0
                selection: nil
                toolbar: a Dictionary()

DrGGeometryView>>buildArea
        Receiver: a DrGGeometryView
        Arguments and temporary variables:
                offset: nil
                message: nil
        Receiver's instance variables:
                domain: a DrGDomain
                gridStuck: false
                presenter: nil
                area: a DrGDrawable(3239)
                drgeoApp: a DrGApp
                costumes: an OrderedCollection()
                ox: 0.0
                oy: 0.0
                scale: 34.0
                selection: nil
                toolbar: a Dictionary()

DrGGeometryView>>initialize
        Receiver: a DrGGeometryView
        Arguments and temporary variables:

        Receiver's instance variables:
                domain: a DrGDomain
                gridStuck: false
                presenter: nil
                area: a DrGDrawable(3239)
                drgeoApp: a DrGApp
                costumes: an OrderedCollection()
                ox: 0.0
                oy: 0.0
                scale: 34.0
                selection: nil
                toolbar: a Dictionary()

--- The full stack ---
MenuIcons class(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand: #undoIcon
DrGGeometryView>>toolBar
DrGGeometryView>>buildArea
DrGGeometryView>>initialize
DrGGeometryView class>>with:
DrGGeometryPresenter class>>with:
DrGApp>>initialize
DrGApp class>>in:
DrGApp class>>new
UndefinedObject>>DoIt
Compiler>>evaluate:in:to:notifying:ifFail:logged:
[] in TextMorphEditor(ParagraphEditor)>>evaluateSelection {[rcvr class
evaluatorClass new   evaluate: self selectionAsStream   in: ctxt...]}
BlockContext>>on:do:
TextMorphEditor(ParagraphEditor)>>evaluateSelection
TextMorphEditor(ParagraphEditor)>>doIt
[] in TextMorphEditor(ParagraphEditor)>>doIt: {[self doIt]}
TextMorphEditor(Controller)>>terminateAndInitializeAround:
TextMorphEditor(ParagraphEditor)>>doIt:
TextMorphEditor(ParagraphEditor)>>dispatchOnCharacter:with:
TextMorphEditor>>dispatchOnCharacter:with:
TextMorphEditor(ParagraphEditor)>>readKeyboard
TextMorphEditor>>readKeyboard
[] in TextMorphForEditView(TextMorph)>>keyStroke: {[editor readKeyboard]}
TextMorphForEditView(TextMorph)>>handleInteraction:fromEvent:
TextMorphForEditView>>handleInteraction:fromEvent:
TextMorphForEditView(TextMorph)>>keyStroke:
TextMorphForEditView>>keyStroke:
TextMorphForEditView(TextMorph)>>handleKeystroke:
KeyboardEvent>>sentTo:
TextMorphForEditView(Morph)>>handleEvent:
TextMorphForEditView(Morph)>>handleFocusEvent:
[] in HandMorph>>sendFocusEvent:to:clear: {[ActiveHand := self.
ActiveEvent := anEvent.  result := focusHolder     han...]}
[] in PasteUpMorph>>becomeActiveDuring: {[aBlock value]}
BlockContext>>on:do:
PasteUpMorph>>becomeActiveDuring:
HandMorph>>sendFocusEvent:to:clear:
HandMorph>>sendEvent:focus:clear:
HandMorph>>sendKeyboardEvent:
HandMorph>>handleEvent:
HandMorph>>processEvents
[] in WorldState>>doOneCycleNowFor: {[:h |  ActiveHand := h.  h
processEvents.  capturingGesture := capturingGest...]}
Array(SequenceableCollection)>>do:
WorldState>>handsDo:
WorldState>>doOneCycleNowFor:
WorldState>>doOneCycleFor:
PasteUpMorph>>doOneCycle
[] in Project class>>spawnNewProcess {[[World doOneCycle.  Processor
yield.  false] whileFalse.  nil]}
[] in BlockContext>>newProcess {[self value.  Processor terminateActive]}

www.lethalman.net - Thoughts about internet technologies

Davide Arrigo a écrit :

> Hi Hilaire.
>
> 2006/6/24, Hilaire Fernandes <[hidden email]>:
>
>> I am please to announce the distribution of DrGeoII, an interactive
>> geometry framework for Squeak, under the LGPL
>>
>> http://www.squeaksource.com/DrGeoII.html
>>
> Can you send me some examples or a brief documentation to use DrGeo on
> squeak?
> I'm intrested to show it in my school.
> It's a wonderful work. Many thanks

I don't have any of this, but you can look at
http://www.listic.univ-savoie.fr/~fernandes for some video-documentation
at the top the page.

Hilaire

--