[ENH]: Easily declare custom project attributes

[ENH]: Easily declare custom project attributes

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
I thought we had implemented this, but I guess it slipped through the cracks...
See discussion at https://groups.google.com/d/topic/metacello/NUWhO6B7TCE/discussion

File attached:
Name: Metacello-MC-SeanDeNigris.532
Ancestors: Metacello-MC-dkh.531

Easily declare custom project attributes for a ConfigurationOfXxx, e.g. for conditional loading.

Cheers,
Sean

Metacello-MC-SeanDeNigris.532.mcz (157K) Download Attachment
Cheers,
Sean

Re: [ENH]: Easily declare custom project attributes

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator

Re: [ENH]: Easily declare custom project attributes

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Dale, I'd like to update the ConfigurationOfMetacello to include this enhancement. Can I safely update it to load Metacello-MC-dkh.642?
Cheers,
Sean

Re: [ENH]: Easily declare custom project attributes

Dale Henrichs
Are you talking about Issue #73? You want to make a 1.0-beta.31.1.5 release? If so use the version of Metacello-MC that was committed on 1.0-beta.31.1.5 branch on github...

Metacello-MC-dkh.642 has a bunch of work aimed at 1.0-beta.32 and is not ready for release and needs the rest of the 1.0-beta.32 packages to work correctly.

Dale

| Dale, I'd like to update the ConfigurationOfMetacello to include this
| enhancement. Can I safely update it to load Metacello-MC-dkh.642?

Re: [ENH]: Easily declare custom project attributes

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Dale Henrichs wrote
use the version of Metacello-MC that was committed on 1.0-beta.31.1.5 branch on github...
Okay... https://github.com/dalehenrich/metacello-work/blob/9ff995d995201c58433b1d5add168bc2abe9828b/repository/Metacello-MC.package/monticello.meta/version shows Metacello-MC-SeanDeNigris.534
Cheers,
Sean

Re: [ENH]: Easily declare custom project attributes

Dale Henrichs
Okay, also the official ConfigurationOfMetacello is stored on the configuation branch of the metacello-work project ... so we'll want to start with that one and then save it to the 1.0-beta.31.1.5 branch after editting as described below...

The basic sequence goes:

  - copy Metacello-MC-SeanDeNigris.534 to gemsource/metacello
  - edit/update ConfigurationOfMetacello 1.0-beta.31.1.5 (#release) and save to 1.0-beta.31.1.5
    branch, git commit, push, pull request
  - I'll merge pull request (which includes new Metacello-MC and Configuration) into the
    1.0-beta.31.1 branch at which time the travisCI job will fire and run builds against pharo and
    squeak for the configuration
  - if they don't run clean ... debug and start over ...
  - if the builds are clean copy ConfigurationOfMetacello to gemsource/metacello
    and squeaksource/MetacelloRepository
  - tag the commit on the 1.0-beta.31.1 branch

If you don't want to wait for me to do the pull request, you could set up travis ci to do the testing from your repo, or do manual testing and then copy the configuration to the right places. I can do the pull request and tagging at my leisure then ...

Dale

| > use the version of Metacello-MC that was committed on
| > 1.0-beta.31.1.5
| > branch on github...
| >

| Okay...
| https://github.com/dalehenrich/metacello-work/blob/9ff995d995201c58433b1d5add168bc2abe9828b/repository/Metacello-MC.package/monticello.meta/version
| shows Metacello-MC-SeanDeNigris.534

Re: [ENH]: Easily declare custom project attributes

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Dale Henrichs wrote
    branch, git commit, push, pull request