EToys unloading

timrowledge
Just to put it on the record somewhere -

unloading EToys from a 5.2/3  image is currently impossible due to the intrusion of some EToys/OLPC code into DisplayScreen class>checkForNewScreenSize. The attached .cs solves that problem and cleans up a a bit of ugly mvc/morphic fudging. There are a lot of other bits needing cleaning up but at least this lets the unload happen.

tim
Useful Latin Phrases:- Utinam logica falsa tuam philosophiam totam suffodiant! = May faulty logic undermine your entire philosophy!

DisplayScreen-cleanup-EToys.1.cs (2K) Download Attachment

Re: EToys unloading

Christoph Thiede

Interesting, thanks for the work! I thought there were dozens or hundreds of references from Morphic to Etoys? Did you solve them all?

Best,

Christoph

Carpe Squeak!

Re: EToys unloading

timrowledge

> On 2020-02-06, at 3:36 AM, Thiede, Christoph <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Interesting, thanks for the work! I thought there were dozens or hundreds of references from Morphic to Etoys? Did you solve them all?

Goodness me, no. Not even close!

A place to start would be the Undeclared dictionary, where one will find the class references left over. There are quite a few places where an EToys related class is buried in general code - loading projects for example.

tim
Any program that runs right is obsolete.