Election Nomination Period Ending in 4 days

Election Nomination Period Ending in 4 days

Ron Teitelbaum
Hi All,

This is a reminder that if you are going announce that you are running for a
position in the SqueakFoundation Board, you should announce your candidacy
now.  There are only 4 more days before the nomination period ends on 22nd
of February 2008.

We currently have 5 nominations for 7 seats on the board.  They are.

Bert Freudenberg (serving on the board currently)
Yoshiki Ohshima (serving on the board currently)
Craig Latta (serving on the board currently)
Tim Rowledge (serving on the board currently)
Andrew P. Black (serving on the board currently)

Please do what you can to help support the Squeak Foundation.  Encourage the
leaders of our community that you know to step up and join the election.

Thank you,
Ron Teitelbaum
Squeak Elections Team Member

Re: Election Nomination Period Ending in 4 days

Michael van der Gulik-2

On Feb 19, 2008 4:04 AM, Ron Teitelbaum <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi All,

This is a reminder that if you are going announce that you are running for a
position in the SqueakFoundation Board, you should announce your candidacy
now.  There are only 4 more days before the nomination period ends on 22nd
of February 2008.

We currently have 5 nominations for 7 seats on the board.  They are.

Bert Freudenberg (serving on the board currently)
Yoshiki Ohshima (serving on the board currently)
Craig Latta (serving on the board currently)
Tim Rowledge (serving on the board currently)
Andrew P. Black (serving on the board currently)

I don't know what each person here works on, except for Craig (Spoon) and Bert (XO...?). What projects, interests or groups do each represent?

Do we have a representative from the larger Squeak sub-communities such as Croquet, EToys and Seaside?

I'd also really like to see some of the newer active members raise their hand for a place on the board. I'm going to shy away from it myself because I can't make it to the IRC meetings.

Gulik.

--
http://people.squeakfoundation.org/person/mikevdg
http://gulik.pbwiki.com/

Re: Election Nomination Period Ending in 4 days

Göran Krampe
Hi!

"Michael van der Gulik" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Feb 19, 2008 4:04 AM, Ron Teitelbaum <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > This is a reminder that if you are going announce that you are running for
> > position in the SqueakFoundation Board, you should announce your candidacy
> > now.  There are only 4 more days before the nomination period ends on 22nd
> > of February 2008.
> >
> > We currently have 5 nominations for 7 seats on the board.  They are.
> >
> > Bert Freudenberg (serving on the board currently)
> > Yoshiki Ohshima (serving on the board currently)
> > Craig Latta (serving on the board currently)
> > Tim Rowledge (serving on the board currently)
> > Andrew P. Black (serving on the board currently)
>

> I don't know what each person here works on, except for Craig (Spoon) and
> Bert (XO...?). What projects, interests or groups do each represent?

Well, Bert and Yoshiki are currently quite active on the eToys-XO
project, but have generally been quite active in many areas.

Craig is Spoon, yes.

Tim is VM Grand Master and currently (?) active on the Sophie project.

Andrew is one the the "Berne guys", academic base. Recently known for
SqueakByExample.

> Do we have a representative from the larger Squeak sub-communities such as
> Croquet, EToys and Seaside?

- Croquet... not really, no. Well, I guess Bert is closest :)

- EToys definitely (Bert and Yoshiki).

- Seaside... not really. Closest? Hmmm, Bert again?

> I'd also really like to see some of the newer active members raise their
> hand for a place on the board. I'm going to shy away from it myself because
> I can't make it to the IRC meetings.

In fact, the board does not currently use IRC (I just talked to Craig
about it, on IRC :)) - they use Skype. And they have been choosing times
where people can participate. And they have been doing it in text (not
voice).

And also - the board will just have to find a way to operate together
when elected - it is as simple as that. :)

Soo... that is not a valid reason to not step up to the plate!!! :)

regards, Göran

Re: Election Nomination Period Ending in 4 days

garduino
I also think that a bit of new blood could be needed (With all my respects to the work and persons of the current board).

I recall the past year some candidates that are now not presents? Also I think in several people that has done a hard work in different projects but don't know if I can name them here, may be they aren't interested.

Just my opinion.

Cheers.

2008/2/18, Michael van der Gulik <[hidden email]>:

[...]

ccrraaiigg

Hi Michael--

 > I don't know what each person here works on, except for Craig
 > (Spoon)...

      For what it's worth, most of my work for the Squeak leadership has
been dealing with relicensing, establishing the ability to receive
tax-exempt donations (which depends on relicensing), and other legal issues.

      I plan to say more during the campaigning period.

      thanks,

-C

--
Craig Latta
improvisational musical informaticist

Re: Election Nomination Period Ending in 4 days

ccrraaiigg

 > Soo... that is not a valid reason to not step up to the plate!!! :)

      (Unless he simply can't set aside time for a regular meeting,
however it's held.)

-C

Craig Latta <[hidden email]> wrote:

>  > Soo... that is not a valid reason to not step up to the plate!!! :)
>
>       (Unless he simply can't set aside time for a regular meeting,
> however it's held.)

True. Note my smiley too. :)

regards, Göran

Another candidate for the board

Tansel Ersavas
Hi All,

Over the years I have seen many very good people disappear from the
community (or maybe just the list?). I would like to see what has caused
losing all these brilliant people, and if there is any way to bring them
back and/or attract more people like them to Squeak.
I also would like to work towards accelerating promotion and acceptance of
Squeak and Squeak related systems such as Croquet in the wider community and
would like to have Squeak's position as a premier development tool for all
kinds of applications (especially commercial ones) to go way up.

So here I am as a candidate.

Tansel

Re: Another candidate for the board

Göran Krampe