Elections in 10 days

Ron Teitelbaum

Hi All,

Only 10 days left to announce your candidacy for the Squeak Oversight board.  We do not currently have enough candidates.  Please consider running for the board!

All the best,

Ron Teitelbaum

Re: Elections in 10 days

Robert Withers
Ron, I will throw my ring into the hat and take it to heart.  My urge will be to produce a Squeak JVM and so the bones of a headless, stripped image.  Also, I think that switching to a file-based build system would allow use of GitHub.  But I am totally flexible as well, mainly looking to work with the other board members to advance Squeak.

Thank you for your consideration,
Robert

On Jan 31, 2014, at 11:24 AM, "Ron Teitelbaum" <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi All,

Only 10 days left to announce your candidacy for the Squeak Oversight board.  We do not currently have enough candidates.  Please consider running for the board!

All the best,

Ron Teitelbaum

Re: Elections in 10 days

Edgar De Cleene

On 1/31/14 3:24 PM, "Ron Teitelbaum" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Only 10 days left to announce your candidacy for the Squeak Oversight board.
> We do not currently have enough candidates.  Please consider running for the
> board!
>
> All the best,
>
> Ron Teitelbaum

Ron, people of the SqueakRos group wish know if/how they could participate
in the election

Edgar

RE: Elections in 10 days

Ron Teitelbaum
>Robert Withers

>Ron, I will throw my ring into the hat and take it to heart.  My urge will be to produce a Squeak JVM and so the bones of a headless, stripped image.  Also, I think that switching to a file-based build system >would allow use of GitHub.  But I am totally flexible as well, mainly looking to work with the other board members to advance Squeak.

>Thank you for your consideration,
>Robert

Excellent, we now have 7 candidates for 7 spots!

We need more!  Last year we had 12 candidates.  Let's keep this rolling!

All the best,

Ron Teitelbaum

RE: Elections in 10 days

Ron Teitelbaum
Hi Edgar,

Everyone is allowed to participate.  If they would like to vote then need to
send an email to [hidden email].  If they would like to run for the board
they should announce their candidacy on Squeak-dev.

All the best,

Ron Teitelbaum

Re: Elections in 10 days

timrowledge

On 31-01-2014, at 11:36 AM, Edgar De Cleene <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Ron, people of the SqueakRos group wish know if/how they could participate
> in the election

Ron already mentioned how so I’ll just add a hearty “please do!” and remind everyone that this isn’t about ‘best programmer’ or ‘coolest haircut’; it’s about helping run the organisation.

tim
Oxymorons: Alone together

Re: Elections in 10 days

Robert Withers
How is the board organized?  Is there a CEO, CIO, CTO and so on?

smime.p7s (3K) Download Attachment

re: Elections in 10 days

ccrraaiigg

Hi Rob--

> How is the board organized?  Is there a CEO, CIO, CTO and so on?

     No, it's just seven peers, people jump in as they see fit.

-C

--
Craig Latta
www.netjam.org/resume

Re: Elections in 10 days

Robert Withers
Wonderful, I went to a Quaker college, so you really have meetings.

- Rob