Eliminating pre-closure compiler code

Eliot Miranda-2
Hi All,

    as part of the transition to full blocks for Squeak 6 I'd like to clean up and eliminate the old pre-closure compiler code (for blue book non-reentrant blocks).  Can anyone see value in retaining this old code?  Strong feelings either way?

_,,,^..^,,,_
best, Eliot

Re: Eliminating pre-closure compiler code

Hannes Hirzel
Hi Eliot

Please go ahead. It will make the compiler code easier to read.

--Hannes

On 3/29/17, Eliot Miranda <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
>     as part of the transition to full blocks for Squeak 6 I'd like to clean
> up and eliminate the old pre-closure compiler code (for blue book
> non-reentrant blocks).  Can anyone see value in retaining this old code?
> Strong feelings either way?
>
> _,,,^..^,,,_
> best, Eliot

Re: Eliminating pre-closure compiler code

David T. Lewis
I can't think of any reason to keep it. You might need to update the
appendix to the blue book though ;-)

Dave

> Hi All,
>
>     as part of the transition to full blocks for Squeak 6 I'd like to
> clean
> up and eliminate the old pre-closure compiler code (for blue book
> non-reentrant blocks).  Can anyone see value in retaining this old code?
> Strong feelings either way?

> best, Eliot

Re: Eliminating pre-closure compiler code

timrowledge

> On 29-03-2017, at 9:30 AM, Eliot Miranda <[hidden email]> wrote:
>     as part of the transition to full blocks for Squeak 6 I'd like to clean up and eliminate the old pre-closure compiler code (for blue book non-reentrant blocks).  Can anyone see value in retaining this old code?  Strong feelings either way?

The image has always not had the pre-closure compiler code.

tim
Useful random insult:- Out there where the buses don't run.