Embedding into a child of a transform morph.

Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Embedding into a child of a transform morph.

Christopher Oliver
When one embeds a morph via direct manipulation into a descendent of a tranform morph, the embedded morph
moves according to the transformation rather than stays in place.  While I understand what's going on, this seems
very counterintuitive.  The morph can get moved outside of the Transform's clipping rectangle appearing to vanish.
Should embedding invert the coordinates of the morph to embed first?  I'm not saying this is easy, but the current
behavior doesn't seem like "the right thing"(tm).  I'm using a 4.3 image for the record.

--
Christopher Oliver <[hidden email]>

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Embedding into a child of a transform morph.

Chris Muller-3
The behavior is generic at the level you're referring -- restricting
position of an embedded morph should be handled by a subclass.

On Tue, Oct 2, 2012 at 12:51 PM, Christopher Oliver
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> When one embeds a morph via direct manipulation into a descendent of a tranform morph, the embedded morph
> moves according to the transformation rather than stays in place.  While I understand what's going on, this seems
> very counterintuitive.  The morph can get moved outside of the Transform's clipping rectangle appearing to vanish.
> Should embedding invert the coordinates of the morph to embed first?  I'm not saying this is easy, but the current
> behavior doesn't seem like "the right thing"(tm).  I'm using a 4.3 image for the record.
>
> --
> Christopher Oliver <[hidden email]>
>