English pdf of "Powerful ideas in the classroom" not available?

English pdf of "Powerful ideas in the classroom" not available?

Bill Kerr
http://www.squeakland.org/resources/books/

"Powerful ideas in the classroom"

I was wondering why the english pdf was not available through the site
I did buy a copy a while back but lent it to somebody else and wanted to look at an online version in english

Re: English pdf of "Powerful ideas in the classroom" not available?

Mike Lee-12
Hi Bill,

I own the book too, but your question made me think it would be nice to have this in my Amazon Kindle DX. So I searched a while on Google and found a copy of the PDF cached here at a university in Germany:

http://www.mttcs.org/Projekte/Squeak/material/ideas_eng.pdf

The 5.5mb file opened fine. It also looks OK on the Kindle. The lack of color is tolerable.

Mike

On Sat, Aug 29, 2009 at 11:01 PM, Bill Kerr <[hidden email]> wrote:
http://www.squeakland.org/resources/books/

"Powerful ideas in the classroom"

I was wondering why the english pdf was not available through the site
I did buy a copy a while back but lent it to somebody else and wanted to look at an online version in english

Re: English pdf of "Powerful ideas in the classroom" not available?

Origbj
Mike and Bill

The reason the english version of the Powerful Ideas Book is not
available in English is because I am not willing to make it so.  So I
would appreciate if you do not make it available.  It is in conflict
with a contract that I have if you give this out to anyone.   I believe
that you should have at least made an effort to contact me and ask me
about this.  I do not want the english version of my book to be given
away for free in hard copy or in pdf format.  So please do not do so.

Thanks

BJ Conn
Author of Powerful Ideas Book.

I own the book too, but your question made me think it would be nice to
have this in my Amazon Kindle DX. So I searched a while on Google and
found a copy of the PDF cached here at a university in Germany:

http://www.mttcs.org/Projekte/Squeak/material/ideas_eng.pdf

The 5.5mb file opened fine. It also looks OK on the Kindle. The lack of
color is tolerable.

Mike

http://lists.squeakland.org/mailman/listinfo/squeakland