Error: Failed to find glTransposeMatrixf

Error: Failed to find glTransposeMatrixf

askoh
Administrator
I installed Croquet 1.0 beta on my Windows XP machine. I launched
Croquet1.0.10.image
I clicked First Steps button.
I dragged Demo (Master) button out of green boundary.
A red rectangled appeared. After a few seconds I got an exception:
Error: Failed to find glTransposeMatrixf

How do I proceed?

Thanks,
Aik-Siong Koh

Re: Error: Failed to find glTransposeMatrixf

Andreas.Raab
Please try to update your OpenGL drivers. glTransposeMatrixf is part of
OpenGL 1.3 and most likely you have outdated drivers (1.3 is very
commonly supported).

Cheers,
   - Andreas

Aik-Siong Koh wrote:

> I installed Croquet 1.0 beta on my Windows XP machine. I launched
> Croquet1.0.10.image
> I clicked First Steps button.
> I dragged Demo (Master) button out of green boundary.
> A red rectangled appeared. After a few seconds I got an exception:
> Error: Failed to find glTransposeMatrixf
>
> How do I proceed?
>
> Thanks,
> Aik-Siong Koh

Re: Error: Failed to find glTransposeMatrixf

Mark P. McCahill
It sounds like your Windows OpenGL driver is missing or messed up
somehow.
A re-install of your grapics card's drivers may be in order.

...from the README file:

-----

Croquet performance is quite sensitive to the performance of the
computer's graphics coprocessor.  The MINIMUM technical requirements are
32 MB of VIDEO memory (VRAM), with hardware/driver support for stencil
buffers and at least 16 bit depth buffer (32 bits better) while under
OpenGL 1.3 and higher.  It is not always easy for most users to be able
to determine whether this is the case.  As a rough guide, most video
cards that come with at least 64 MB VRAM will probably have the right
hardware on board.  However, Microsoft has distributed graphics drivers
that disable graphics hardware acceleration when used with OpenGL rather
than their proprietary DirectX.  Windows users should check with their
hardware manufacturer. (In the case of laptops, the correct drivers are
often provided by the laptop manufacturer, rather than the video card
manufacturer.)  Reinstalling the manufacturer's driver will often fix
problems caused by a DirectX upgrade.

In order to run applications that use spatialized sound, you must also
install OpenAL.  Recent versions of Macintosh OSX include the OpenAL
libraries as a standard part of the system. PC users may also find that
their sound card came with an OpenAL driver as well. If you need to
install OpenAL, download the installer for your system from
http://openal.org/downloads.html.

--------
On Apr 21, 2006, at 11:33 PM, Aik-Siong Koh wrote:

> I installed Croquet 1.0 beta on my Windows XP machine. I launched
> Croquet1.0.10.image
> I clicked First Steps button.
> I dragged Demo (Master) button out of green boundary.
> A red rectangled appeared. After a few seconds I got an exception:
> Error: Failed to find glTransposeMatrixf
>
> How do I proceed?
>
> Thanks,
> Aik-Siong Koh

Re: Error: Failed to find glTransposeMatrixf

Yoshiki Ohshima
  Aik-Siong,

> I installed Croquet 1.0 beta on my Windows XP machine. I launched
> Croquet1.0.10.image
> I clicked First Steps button.
> I dragged Demo (Master) button out of green boundary.
> A red rectangled appeared. After a few seconds I got an exception:
> Error: Failed to find glTransposeMatrixf
>
> How do I proceed?

  What is your hardware, including the grpahics chipset?  What is the
file size of opengl32.dll?  On a Pentium-M + Intel 915GM + Windows XP
machine, I have the same trouble (and quite a few my friends have
reported the similar problem).  The "ICD" from Intel should work with,
but no luck.  I tried to "load" igl...32.dll directly, but this is not
how it should work anyway...

-- Yoshiki