Error: No content to install

Isaac Gouy
I downloaded the Linux VM and image from these links:

http://ftp.squeak.org/3.9/unix-linux/Squeak-3.9-8.i686-pc-linux-gnu.tar.gz

http://ftp.squeak.org/3.9/Squeak3.9-final-7067.zip

I can invoke the image without problem. When I try to pass a script
file on the command line there's a "Error: No content to install".

The script file 'file:test.sq' is set in the url field of
HTTPDownloadRequest

Error: No content to install

11 April 2007 10:32:49 am

VM: unix - a SmalltalkImage

Image: Squeak3.9 [latest update: #7068]

SecurityManager state:

Restricted: false

FileAccess: true

SocketAccess: true

Working Dir /opt/Squeak-3.9-8

Trusted Dir /opt/Squeak-3.9-8/secure

Untrusted Dir /opt/Squeak-3.9-8/My Squeak

CodeLoader(Object)>>error:

   Receiver: a CodeLoader

   Arguments and temporary variables:

      aString:    'No content to install'

   Receiver's instance variables:

      baseURL:    ''

      sourceFiles:    an Array(a HTTPDownloadRequest)

      segments:    nil

      publicKey:    nil

CodeLoader>>installSourceFile:

   Receiver: a CodeLoader

   Arguments and temporary variables:

      aStream:    nil

      contents:    nil

      trusted:    nil

   Receiver's instance variables:

      baseURL:    ''

      sourceFiles:    an Array(a HTTPDownloadRequest)

      segments:    nil

      publicKey:    nil

Re: Error: No content to install

Bert Freudenberg
On Apr 11, 2007, at 19:40 , Isaac Gouy wrote:

> I downloaded the Linux VM and image from these links:
>
> http://ftp.squeak.org/3.9/unix-linux/Squeak-3.9-8.i686-pc-linux-
> gnu.tar.gz
>
> http://ftp.squeak.org/3.9/Squeak3.9-final-7067.zip
>

> I can invoke the image without problem. When I try to pass a script
> file on the command line there's a "Error: No content to install".

You need to give the full path to the file.

- Bert -

--- Bert Freudenberg <[hidden email]> wrote:

> > I can invoke the image without problem. When I try to pass a script
> > file on the command line there's a "Error: No content to install".
>
> You need to give the full path to the file.

Even when the file is in the current directory or the same directory as
the image?

(Is this a recent change?)

Re: Error: No content to install

Göran Krampe
Hi!

> I can invoke the image without problem. When I try to pass a script
> file on the command line there's a "Error: No content to install".
>
> The script file 'file:test.sq' is set in the url field of
> HTTPDownloadRequest

I guess you did not use a proper file URL? They generally look like:

file://$HOME/startup.st

regards, Göran

PS. This is a common gotcha, IMHO we might add a default fallback looking
in PWD for a file name if the arg does not look like a proper URL.

--- Göran Krampe <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I guess you did not use a proper file URL? They generally look like:
>
> file://$HOME/startup.st
>
> regards, Göran
>
> PS. This is a common gotcha, IMHO we might add a default fallback
> looking
> in PWD for a file name if the arg does not look like a proper URL.

Here's the example shown by
   man squeak

   If  this script is in a file called 'hello.sq', then it could be run
   like this:
      squeak foo.image hello.sq

With the latest version does that now have to be
      squeak foo.image file://$HOME/hello.sq