Error creating SqueakMap account

Tim Johnson-2
Hi,

I was hoping to create a SqueakMap account to see what's involved in
publishing a package.  I found the instructions at
https://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/779 and began to follow them.

At http://map.squeak.org/newaccount I tried to setup an account but
received the message "Something went wrong when creating the account".

I tried again, but it told me (in red) "Those initials are already
taken!"

If there is anyone who can help me, please contact me (off list?).

Thanks!
Tim J

Re: Error creating SqueakMap account

Chris Muller-3
Yes.

On Tue, Apr 2, 2019 at 5:53 PM Tim Johnson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was hoping to create a SqueakMap account to see what's involved in
> publishing a package.  I found the instructions at
> https://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/779 and began to follow them.
>
> At http://map.squeak.org/newaccount I tried to setup an account but
> received the message "Something went wrong when creating the account".
>
> I tried again, but it told me (in red) "Those initials are already
> taken!"
>
> If there is anyone who can help me, please contact me (off list?).
>
> Thanks!
> Tim J

Re: Error creating SqueakMap account

Chris Muller-3
I looked and your account appears to be there.  I didn't do anything.
Can you try logging in?

On Tue, Apr 2, 2019 at 5:53 PM Tim Johnson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was hoping to create a SqueakMap account to see what's involved in
> publishing a package.  I found the instructions at
> https://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/779 and began to follow them.
>
> At http://map.squeak.org/newaccount I tried to setup an account but
> received the message "Something went wrong when creating the account".
>
> I tried again, but it told me (in red) "Those initials are already
> taken!"
>
> If there is anyone who can help me, please contact me (off list?).
>
> Thanks!
> Tim J

Re: Error creating SqueakMap account

Tim Johnson-2
Hi Chris,

Thanks for looking into this.

I was never given a password.  As I said below, the system errored out
when I tried to initially create the account.  Then when I tried again
to create it, it said it already existed.

I just found the place to mail myself my password, and clicked it, but
after submitting it just never returned.

Thanks again,
Tim

On 2019-04-04 19:18, Chris Muller wrote:

> I looked and your account appears to be there.  I didn't do anything.
> Can you try logging in?
>
> On Tue, Apr 2, 2019 at 5:53 PM Tim Johnson <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I was hoping to create a SqueakMap account to see what's involved in
>> publishing a package.  I found the instructions at
>> https://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/779 and began to follow them.
>>
>> At http://map.squeak.org/newaccount I tried to setup an account but
>> received the message "Something went wrong when creating the account".
>>
>> I tried again, but it told me (in red) "Those initials are already
>> taken!"
>>
>> If there is anyone who can help me, please contact me (off list?).
>>
>> Thanks!
>> Tim J

Re: Error creating SqueakMap account

Squeak - Dev mailing list
Hi,
same problem here.

My account seems to have been created (user  = tsl ) but no email was sent
so I can't log in.
The http://map.squeak.org/mailnewpassword page seems broken and just hangs
so I can't request a password either.

Re: Error creating SqueakMap account

Chris Muller-3
Sorry for the hassle Thiago.  When the server was moved from its old
"box3" to rackspace, the email handling didn't get re-setup, and I
don't know how to do it.

For now I used the admin console to set your password and sent it to
you privately.

 - Chris

On Thu, Apr 18, 2019 at 11:14 AM thiagosl via Squeak-dev
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
> same problem here.
>
> My account seems to have been created (user  = tsl ) but no email was sent
> so I can't log in.
> The http://map.squeak.org/mailnewpassword page seems broken and just hangs
> so I can't request a password either.
>

> --
> Sent from: http://forum.world.st/Squeak-Dev-f45488.html

Re: Error creating SqueakMap account

Squeak - Dev mailing list
Hi Chris.

I received your mail (thanks!) but the problem persists[1]: "First login should be done using the link provided in the confirmation email!"

Thank you very much for your time.

Thiago Lino

Re: Error creating SqueakMap account

Chris Muller-3
Okay.  I guess the server has a #password and #newPassword fields, I
had set the latter, but I guess I needed to set the former.  I just
did that, please try again.

Looking forward to revamping that server.

 - Chris

On Fri, Apr 19, 2019 at 7:26 AM Thiago da S. Lino via Squeak-dev
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Chris.
>
> I received your mail (thanks!) but the problem persists[1]: "First login should be done using the link provided in the confirmation email!"
>

> [1] http://map.squeak.org/account
>

> Thank you very much for your time.
>

> Thiago Lino

Re: Error creating SqueakMap account