Error rendering world

Tom Gillespie
Hello, I've been working with Julian on creating content for use in croquet and I have encountered an error loading croquet itself.

After starting croquet using the 1.0.10.1 image, updating, clicking the start button, and submitting the "everyone" user name I wait for a bit (about 30 seconds) and get this error:

"Error: GL_ARB_transpose_matrix is not present"

I have attached a screenshot of the full message.

My system specs are as follows.

Microsoft Windows XP Professional Version 2002 Service Pack 2
Intel Pentium4 Mobile CPU 1.80GHz
1.oo Gb Ram
55gb HD with 40gb free
Nvidia GeForce4 440 Go 64 MB
Driver Provider: NVIDIA
Driver Date: 4/7/2004
Driver Versions: 5.6.7.3

Any help would be greatly appritiated as I would like to get things into croquet as soon as possible.  If you need any more information just let me know.

            Thanks,
            Tom

error_message.jpg (61K) Download Attachment

Re: Error rendering world

Kyle Hamilton
GL_ARB_transpose_matrix is a capability of the OpenGL driver.  If it's
not there, then it's impossible for it to render correctly.  (You can
still use the Squeak interface, but the 3D rendering of Croquet can't
operate properly.)

Chances are, if you are getting this error, you have an SiS chipset
(if you're on Intel).  You need some better video card (any nVidia or
ATI that's PCI, AGP, or PCI-X has the driver support required).

In addition, you could also try installing the Mesa3D driver, as it
emulates (in software) almost all the extensions.

Cheers,

-Kyle H