Errored: OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm#1943 (Cog - 36a1f1e)

1 message Options

Errored: OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm#1943 (Cog - 36a1f1e)

Travis CI

OpenSmalltalk

/

opensmalltalk-vm

branch iconCog

arrow to build time
clock icon56 mins and 25 secs

Nicolas Cellier avatarNicolas Cellier

Workaround a Squeak3D crash

After proper instrumentation, it appears that a reproducible crash case provided by Stephane Rollandin is due to attempt of removing a face which is not in the fillList.
This happens in the special case when `leftEdge == lastIntersection`, and the code attempts to remove `leftEdge->rightFace` which seem to not always be on the fillList.
It's not obvious to understand if this is really an invariant of the loop, or a wrong expectation.
Thus, as a workaround, protect the removal by a preliminary inclusion test.

Note that removing or adding a face should change its `B3D_FACE_ACTIVE` flags.
Normally, we remove then add, so do not have to toggle the flag.
But if we do not remove, then we must toggle, otherwise another invariant will break and cause crash in `b3dToggleTopFills`.

Want to know about upcoming build environment updates?

Would you like to stay up-to-date with the upcoming Travis CI build environment updates? We set up a mailing list for you!

SIGN UP HERE
book icon

Documentation about Travis CI

<script type="application/ld+json"> { "@context": "http://schema.org", "@type": "EmailMessage", "action": { "@type": "ViewAction", "url": "https://travis-ci.org/OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm/builds/648005026?utm_medium=notification&amp;utm_source=email", "name": "View Build" }, "description": "View Build #1943 on Travis CI" } </script>