Etoys 5.0 RC 2

Karl Ramberg
Etoys 5 release candidate 2
More fixes went into this new release candidate, but if there are some show stoppers we would like to know asap !

So download from here:

And give feedback

or to

last resort is mailing me directly karlramberg 'at' gmail.com

Cheers,
Karl

Re: Etoys 5.0 RC 2

Bert Freudenberg
On 27.03.2012, at 08:59, karl ramberg wrote:

> Etoys 5 release candidate 2
> More fixes went into this new release candidate, but if there are some show stoppers we would like to know asap !

Actually it would be good to hear if anyone tested this, and it worked.

- Bert -

> So download from here:
>
> http://squeakland.org/download/
>
> And give feedback
>
> http://tracker.squeakland.org
>
> or to
>
> [hidden email]
>
> last resort is mailing me directly karlramberg 'at' gmail.com
>
> Cheers,
> Karl

Re: Etoys 5.0 RC 2

Steve Thomas
Started testing with my kids, would like until next Monday 4/1 to finish testing.

Stephen

On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 7:51 AM, Bert Freudenberg <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 27.03.2012, at 08:59, karl ramberg wrote:

> Etoys 5 release candidate 2
> More fixes went into this new release candidate, but if there are some show stoppers we would like to know asap !

Actually it would be good to hear if anyone tested this, and it worked.

- Bert -

> So download from here:
>
> http://squeakland.org/download/
>
> And give feedback
>
> http://tracker.squeakland.org
>
> or to
>
> [hidden email]
>
> last resort is mailing me directly karlramberg 'at' gmail.com
>
> Cheers,
> Karl

Re: Etoys 5.0 RC 2

Ricardo Moran
I'm sorry to say that while testing something else I found two bugs with the step button.

The first one fails when trying to evaluate a test condition involving a function (like abs, random, and such). The fix is trivial, but I might be missing something:

CompoundTileMorph>>evaluateTestPart
| condition |
condition := testPart tiles at: 1 ifAbsent: [^ true].
self halt.
^ Compiler evaluate: condition codeString
for: (condition associatedPlayer
ifNil: [condition topEditor playerScripted])
logged: false

The second one is worst because it hangs the image. To reproduce just try to step on a script with an empty test tile. The fix is simple as well:

EtoysDebugger>>evaluateTest: test
| tile |
test testPart tiles isEmpty
ifTrue: [next := test yesPart tiles at: 1 ifAbsent: [test nextTile].
next = test
ifTrue: [^ self]
ifFalse: [^ self evaluateNextTile]
].
self highlight: test testPart.
tile := test evaluateTestPart
ifTrue: [test yesPart]
ifFalse: [test noPart].
next := tile tiles at: 1 ifAbsent: [test nextTile]

I should have found these bugs earlier, I'm terribly sorry. Now I don't know how to proceed. I will open a ticket of course, but should I attach a change set there or can I commit the fix to etoys? I think this needs to be fixed in 5.0.

Again, I'm very very sorry for this inconvenience.

Richo

On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 8:51 AM, Bert Freudenberg <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 27.03.2012, at 08:59, karl ramberg wrote:

> Etoys 5 release candidate 2
> More fixes went into this new release candidate, but if there are some show stoppers we would like to know asap !

Actually it would be good to hear if anyone tested this, and it worked.

- Bert -

> So download from here:
>
> http://squeakland.org/download/
>
> And give feedback
>
> http://tracker.squeakland.org
>
> or to
>
> [hidden email]
>
> last resort is mailing me directly karlramberg 'at' gmail.com
>
> Cheers,
> Karl

Re: Etoys 5.0 RC 2

Karl Ramberg
Don't be sorry.
I'll add the changes to the image

Karl

On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 4:30 PM, Ricardo Moran <[hidden email]> wrote:
I'm sorry to say that while testing something else I found two bugs with the step button.

The first one fails when trying to evaluate a test condition involving a function (like abs, random, and such). The fix is trivial, but I might be missing something:

CompoundTileMorph>>evaluateTestPart
| condition |
condition := testPart tiles at: 1 ifAbsent: [^ true].
self halt.
^ Compiler evaluate: condition codeString
for: (condition associatedPlayer
ifNil: [condition topEditor playerScripted])
logged: false

The second one is worst because it hangs the image. To reproduce just try to step on a script with an empty test tile. The fix is simple as well:

EtoysDebugger>>evaluateTest: test
| tile |
test testPart tiles isEmpty
ifTrue: [next := test yesPart tiles at: 1 ifAbsent: [test nextTile].
next = test
ifTrue: [^ self]
ifFalse: [^ self evaluateNextTile]
].
self highlight: test testPart.
tile := test evaluateTestPart
ifTrue: [test yesPart]
ifFalse: [test noPart].
next := tile tiles at: 1 ifAbsent: [test nextTile]

I should have found these bugs earlier, I'm terribly sorry. Now I don't know how to proceed. I will open a ticket of course, but should I attach a change set there or can I commit the fix to etoys? I think this needs to be fixed in 5.0.

Again, I'm very very sorry for this inconvenience.

Richo

On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 8:51 AM, Bert Freudenberg <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 27.03.2012, at 08:59, karl ramberg wrote:

> Etoys 5 release candidate 2
> More fixes went into this new release candidate, but if there are some show stoppers we would like to know asap !

Actually it would be good to hear if anyone tested this, and it worked.

- Bert -

> So download from here:
>
> http://squeakland.org/download/
>
> And give feedback
>
> http://tracker.squeakland.org
>
> or to
>
> [hidden email]
>
> last resort is mailing me directly karlramberg 'at' gmail.com
>
> Cheers,
> Karl

Re: Etoys 5.0 RC 2

Ricardo Moran
Thanks, I created the following issues: SQ-1070 and SQ-1071.

Cheers,
Richo