Etoys on iPad

Bert Freudenberg

Hi all,

I was just reminded that I did not post my patches to this list yet, only to etoys-dev. I sent them privately to John, though I'm not sure if he has merged any of it yet. They are surely outdated now. Still, if anyone wants to take a look, find them attached.

This was relative to revision 196 of the repository at
http://svn.isqueak.org/vm/SqueakObjCBasedForOSXAndIPhone/SqueakNoOGLIPhone

- Bert -

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Bert Freudenberg <[hidden email]>
> Date: 15. Juni 2010 16:32:55 MESZ
> To: etoys dev <[hidden email]>
> Subject: Re: [etoys-dev] Video - Etoys on iPad
>
> VM changes:
>

> Image change sets (not quite complete):

Etoys4iPad-VM.diff (12K) Download Attachment
Etoys4iPad-VM.zip (45K) Download Attachment
touchSensor-bf.1.cs (20K) Download Attachment
touchHand-bf.1.cs (26K) Download Attachment

Re: Etoys on iPad

johnmci

Ok, I've integrated the vm changes, not tested.
I tried to integrate the smalltalk changes  "iPhone-Events-John_M_McIntosh.11"
but ran into some difficulties with Squeak versus Pharo.
I think Bert has to look at that and figure out why the changes result in a image that doesn't  *see* touch events.

On 2010-09-11, at 2:58 AM, Bert Freudenberg wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I was just reminded that I did not post my patches to this list yet, only to etoys-dev. I sent them privately to John, though I'm not sure if he has merged any of it yet. They are surely outdated now. Still, if anyone wants to take a look, find them attached.
>
> This was relative to revision 196 of the repository at
> http://svn.isqueak.org/vm/SqueakObjCBasedForOSXAndIPhone/SqueakNoOGLIPhone
>
> - Bert -
>
> Begin forwarded message:
>
>> From: Bert Freudenberg <[hidden email]>
>> Date: 15. Juni 2010 16:32:55 MESZ
>> To: etoys dev <[hidden email]>
>> Subject: Re: [etoys-dev] Video - Etoys on iPad
>>
>> VM changes:
>>

>> Image change sets (not quite complete):
> <Etoys4iPad-VM.diff><Etoys4iPad-VM.zip><touchSensor-bf.1.cs><touchHand-bf.1.cs>

John M. McIntosh <[hidden email]>   Twitter:  squeaker68882

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: Etoys on iPad

Bert Freudenberg

Ah, great! I don't have time to look at it right now.

I assume some more #idefs are needed - I doubt everyone else would want the virtual 1200x900 screen and the rotate-to-bring-up-keyboard feature. Also, when I tried last I couldn't make the image/sources configurable, the macros did not work as I thought they would.

I'll definitely take another look at some point, but for now we need to get a new Etoys release out of the door.

Thanks, and cheers from ESUG Camp Smalltalk :)

-  Bert -