Event handling: mouse click vs. mouse drag

Event handling: mouse click vs. mouse drag

Esther
Hi,

for a UI, I need to distinguish between mouse clicks and mouse drags (mouse down, move, up). Is there a rather simple way to do this in Squeak?

Thanks,
Esther

Re: Event handling: mouse click vs. mouse drag

Edgar J. De Cleene

On 11/12/09 10:31 AM, "Esther" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> for a UI, I need to distinguish between mouse clicks and mouse drags (mouse
> down, move, up). Is there a rather simple way to do this in Squeak?
>
> Thanks,
> Esther

Download
http://ftp.squeak.org/various_images/FunSqueak/FunSqueak3.10alpha.7.zip.

Inside it you have Lex Spoon original ProgrammingMorphs tutorial and in the
Book you have examples of all about Morphs, including you question.

It's the most recent image with old and new things for you have a glimpse of
what could be done with Squeak.

Edgar

Re: Event handling: mouse click vs. mouse drag

K. K. Subramaniam
On Thursday 12 November 2009 06:01:01 pm Esther wrote:
> for a UI, I need to distinguish between mouse clicks and mouse drags (mouse
> down, move, up). Is there a rather simple way to do this in Squeak?
See use of mouseMove: method in John Maloney's excellent tutorial on Morphic:

  http://stephane.ducasse.free.fr/FreeBooks/CollectiveNBlueBook/morphic.final.pdf

You can also browse the senders and implementers of mouseMove: for examples.

HTH .. Subbu