Evil mini.image hogging the CPU

1 message Options

Evil mini.image hogging the CPU

André Wendt-3

Hi,

I've just been bitten by the mini.image: Shortly after startup, the VM
process freezes my computer by completely hogging the CPU. I was stumped
by #>> not being understood and but didn't interact with Squeak the
moment it started freaking out. Luckyily, I could kill the process from
the console.

The second time it happened, I never interacted with Squeak. At the
time, the process had been alive for a minute or two. I had to reset the
machine.

Anyway, I'm using squeak 3.9.8-2 from http://ftp.squeak.org (debian
package, could upgrade to 3.9.8-3) on Linux/i386. The VM works fine with
other images (vanilla, ByteSurgeon, ...). I didn't find the mini.image
on the net -- my thesis tutor, Michael Haupt, mailed it to me. I'm not
sure it's the vanilla one (but I didn't save any changes). If anyone
wants to check the MD5 hash:

9ce9e12edfaa4ce5b40fbd13f412d92f

Has anyone else experienced this behavior?

Thanks,
André