[ExperimentalCoreRelease] PharoCore-1.0-10508rc2 vs SL3dot11-9499-alpha

1 message Options

[ExperimentalCoreRelease] PharoCore-1.0-10508rc2 vs SL3dot11-9499-alpha

Edgar De Cleene
[squeak-dev] [ExperimentalCoreRelease] PharoCore-1.0-10508rc2 vs SL3dot11-9499-alpha

On 3/12/10 10:51 AM, "Ian Trudel" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Besides, Pharo has adopted a Macish look-and-feel. I think it would be
> a misopportunity to move forward such look-and-feel because it makes
> no sense to copy when a software has its own windowing system. We
> should have native windows if we want a native look-and-feel, and not
> everybody runs MacOS X. Squeak has an opportunity to distinguish
> itself and step the mark with its very own look-and-feel.

I go back to Great Squeak for SqueakCore , the first you see is the green gradient fill and the BatMorph annoying whose only goal is Web as usual.
For Mac I have OS X and for Windoze the ugly Hasta la Vista.
In the very long run I want LinXqueak drived from Terminal and let me choose external packages.

> Edgar, when you wrote your comment, it made me think that
> you would ditch the trunk and go back to the old ways. And I see that
> you insist on using a 120 days unused mailing list when we need to
> fusion as a community rather than fragment.

Not so.
If nobody use the list is why we don't believe in the 3.11 ReleaseTeam.
The 3.10 ReleaseTeam have it working.
People say no list , I listen people.
End of the subject.

> I will hope that you will elicit and document what the current
> problems and potential solutions are provided that you are elected as
> a board member.

Very thanks

Edgar