[ExperimentalCoreRelease] What I wish do is...

[ExperimentalCoreRelease] What I wish do is...

Edgar De Cleene
[ExperimentalCoreRelease] What I wish do is... Folks:

I have a lot of work made and wish move on.
Masters please let the Wild South lives, be kind .
Frankly I tired of fight for a each bit different of business as usual .
All must read http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/5914, have a smile , relax.

When Ralph pick me for 3.10, I wish go back to  3.8 practice of build a release with .cs and have the load updates button again.
Then need invent how to do fake .cs and really got .mcz instead.
This works and only we have two breaks in the 3.10 build.
This is the process Andreas take to the next level and all Core Developers was happy with.
But we only 42 if I do not was wrong.
Some others forks could do not have Monticello and many could contribute if we have more choices.
So my pet Mendieta in the way to become 4.2 Core like have two ways of work.
Plain old .cs in updates folder sftp://[hidden email]/var/www/files/various_images/SqueakLight/Slupdates for now.
And usual load code updates coming from trunk.
For this I have some changes for let a .mcz coming from trunk becomes a numbered .cs.

As example, have a question that sends to wiser as me people and still do not have any answers.
For this question
Files-ul.70 becomes 9450Files-ul.70.cs

Mendieta   becomes not only more modular and smaller as some packages should begin his life out.
My hope, becomes smarter.

See the videos of past experiments.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTaYxQSbbK4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCcSLAHOXmQ
recorded Jun 19 2009.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gezAHZfbmeo

Here comes the dnu cascading I was using and like to bring to all.

Also see

http://vimeo.com/8155467
http://vimeo.com/5490107
http://vimeo.com/5495114

Re: [ExperimentalCoreRelease] What I wish do is...

Igor Stasenko
On 11 March 2010 09:46, Edgar J. De Cleene <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Folks:
>
> I have a lot of work made and wish move on.
> Masters please let the Wild South lives, be kind .
> Frankly I tired of fight for a each bit different of business as usual .
> All must read http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/5914, have a smile , relax.
>
> When Ralph pick me for 3.10, I wish go back to  3.8 practice of build a
> release with .cs and have the load updates button again.
> Then need invent how to do fake .cs and really got .mcz instead.
> This works and only we have two breaks in the 3.10 build.
> This is the process Andreas take to the next level and all Core Developers
> was happy with.
> But we only 42 if I do not was wrong.
> Some others forks could do not have Monticello and many could contribute if
> we have more choices.
> So my pet Mendieta in the way to become 4.2 Core like have two ways of work.
> Plain old .cs in updates folder
> sftp://[hidden email]/var/www/files/various_images/SqueakLight/Slupdates
> for now.
> And usual load code updates coming from trunk.
> For this I have some changes for let a .mcz coming from trunk becomes a
> numbered .cs.

I think it is generally good to have an old .cs stream , so old timers
(or anyone else)
who, by some reason can't use MC, could easily get those files and do
anything they want with them.
This, btw, related to Keith's arguing that trunk changes is hard to
harvest because .mcz format is not malleable.

Also, i think, it is good to have an artifact, which we can easily
reproduce using bare tools by having a starting point (3.10 image)
and a set of changesets (Which again, defeats one of the Keith's
points against trunk).

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.