External VM Plugins included with the All-In-One

External VM Plugins included with the All-In-One

Paul DeBruicker
Just checking to see that the new all-in-one has the expected external
plugins for each platform and isn't missing any.  With that in mind here
are the lists of plugins included in each:

In the 4.3 All-In-One there are these external plugins

Mac:
ClipboardExtendedPlugin.bundle
CroquetPlugin.bundle
CurlPlugin.bundle
FloatMathPlugin.bundle
FT2Plugin.bundle
IA32ABI.bundle
KedamaPlugin2.bundle
KedamaPlugin.bundle
LocalePlugin.bundle
mpeg3Plugin.bundle
ObjectiveCPlugin.bundle
OggPlugin.bundle
PrintJobPlugin.bundle
QuicktimePlugin.bundle
RomePlugin.bundle
SerialExtendedUnixPlugin.bundle
ServicesPlugin.bundle
SpellingPlugin.bundle
SqueakFFIPrims.bundle
TestOSAPlugin.bundle
UnixOSProcessPlugin.bundle

win:
FT2Plugin.dll
SqueakFFIPrims.dll
SqueakSSL.dll

linux:
so.AioPlugin
so.B3DAcceleratorPlugin
so.ClipboardExtendedPlugin
so.DBusPlugin
so.FileCopyPlugin
so.GStreamerPlugin
so.HostWindowPlugin
so.KedamaPlugin
so.KedamaPlugin2
so.MIDIPlugin
so.Mpeg3Plugin
so.RomePlugin
so.Squeak3D
so.SqueakFFIPrims
so.UnixOSProcessPlugin
so.UUIDPlugin
so.vm-display-custom
so.vm-display-fbdev
so.vm-display-null
so.vm-display-X11
so.vm-sound-ALSA
so.vm-sound-custom
so.vm-sound-NAS
so.vm-sound-null
so.vm-sound-OSS
so.vm-sound-pulse
so.XDisplayControlPlugin

In the VMs from Eliot's site (version 2697) that I'll use for the 4.4
all-in-one there are these external plugins:

mac:
BochsIA32Plugin.bundle
CroquetPlugin.bundle
FloatArrayPlugin.bundle
FloatMathPlugin.bundle
SqueakFFIPrims.bundle
UnixOSProcessPlugin.bundle

win:
BochsIA32Plugin.dll
SqueakFFIPrims.dll
Win32OSProcessPlugin.dll

linux:
B3DAcceleratorPlugin
BochsIA32Plugin
LocalePlugin
squeak
SqueakFFIPrims
UnixOSProcessPlugin
UUIDPlugin
vm-display-fbdev
vm-display-null
vm-display-X11
vm-sound-ALSA
vm-sound-null
vm-sound-OSS

Does that look OK?

Paul

Re: External VM Plugins included with the All-In-One

Frank Shearar-3
Oh, I see SSL support there for Windows! For 4.5 I propose we roll that out across all platforms.

frank

On 06 Mar 2013, at 5:41, Paul DeBruicker <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
> IA32ABI.bundle
> KedamaPlugin2.bundle
> KedamaPlugin.bundle
> LocalePlugin.bundle
> mpeg3Plugin.bundle
> ObjectiveCPlugin.bundle
> OggPlugin.bundle
> PrintJobPlugin.bundle
> QuicktimePlugin.bundle
> RomePlugin.bundle
> SerialExtendedUnixPlugin.bundle
> ServicesPlugin.bundle
> SpellingPlugin.bundle
> SqueakFFIPrims.bundle
> TestOSAPlugin.bundle
> UnixOSProcessPlugin.bundle
>
> win:
> FT2Plugin.dll
> SqueakFFIPrims.dll
> SqueakSSL.dll
>
> linux:
> so.AioPlugin
> so.B3DAcceleratorPlugin
> so.ClipboardExtendedPlugin
> so.DBusPlugin
> so.FileCopyPlugin
> so.GStreamerPlugin
> so.HostWindowPlugin
> so.KedamaPlugin
> so.KedamaPlugin2
> so.MIDIPlugin
> so.Mpeg3Plugin
> so.RomePlugin
> so.Squeak3D
> so.SqueakFFIPrims
> so.UnixOSProcessPlugin
> so.UUIDPlugin
> so.vm-display-custom
> so.vm-display-fbdev
> so.vm-display-null
> so.vm-display-X11
> so.vm-sound-ALSA
> so.vm-sound-custom
> so.vm-sound-NAS
> so.vm-sound-null
> so.vm-sound-OSS
> so.vm-sound-pulse
> so.XDisplayControlPlugin
>

> In the VMs from Eliot's site (version 2697) that I'll use for the 4.4
> all-in-one there are these external plugins:
>
> mac:
> BochsIA32Plugin.bundle
> CroquetPlugin.bundle
> FloatArrayPlugin.bundle
> FloatMathPlugin.bundle
> SqueakFFIPrims.bundle
> UnixOSProcessPlugin.bundle
>
> win:
> BochsIA32Plugin.dll
> SqueakFFIPrims.dll
> Win32OSProcessPlugin.dll
>
> linux:
> B3DAcceleratorPlugin
> BochsIA32Plugin
> LocalePlugin
> squeak
> SqueakFFIPrims
> UnixOSProcessPlugin
> UUIDPlugin
> vm-display-fbdev
> vm-display-null
> vm-display-X11
> vm-sound-ALSA
> vm-sound-null
> vm-sound-OSS
>

> Does that look OK?
>

> Paul

Re: External VM Plugins included with the All-In-One

David T. Lewis
I suppose I should note for the record that OSProcess is not fully functional
on Cog (though entirely usable for most practical purposes).  Nevertheless
I'll stick with my recommendation that most users are likely to prefer Cog
for the all-in-one.

Dave

On Wed, Mar 06, 2013 at 08:46:17AM +0000, Frank Shearar wrote:
> Oh, I see SSL support there for Windows! For 4.5 I propose we roll that out across all platforms.
>
> frank

Added to Mantis:

  http://bugs.squeak.org/view.php?id=7751

Dave

> [...]
> > IA32ABI.bundle
> > KedamaPlugin2.bundle
> > KedamaPlugin.bundle
> > LocalePlugin.bundle
> > mpeg3Plugin.bundle
> > ObjectiveCPlugin.bundle
> > OggPlugin.bundle
> > PrintJobPlugin.bundle
> > QuicktimePlugin.bundle
> > RomePlugin.bundle
> > SerialExtendedUnixPlugin.bundle
> > ServicesPlugin.bundle
> > SpellingPlugin.bundle
> > SqueakFFIPrims.bundle
> > TestOSAPlugin.bundle
> > UnixOSProcessPlugin.bundle
> >
> > win:
> > FT2Plugin.dll
> > SqueakFFIPrims.dll
> > SqueakSSL.dll
> >
> > linux:
> > so.AioPlugin
> > so.B3DAcceleratorPlugin
> > so.ClipboardExtendedPlugin
> > so.DBusPlugin
> > so.FileCopyPlugin
> > so.GStreamerPlugin
> > so.HostWindowPlugin
> > so.KedamaPlugin
> > so.KedamaPlugin2
> > so.MIDIPlugin
> > so.Mpeg3Plugin
> > so.RomePlugin
> > so.Squeak3D
> > so.SqueakFFIPrims
> > so.UnixOSProcessPlugin
> > so.UUIDPlugin
> > so.vm-display-custom
> > so.vm-display-fbdev
> > so.vm-display-null
> > so.vm-display-X11
> > so.vm-sound-ALSA
> > so.vm-sound-custom
> > so.vm-sound-NAS
> > so.vm-sound-null
> > so.vm-sound-OSS
> > so.vm-sound-pulse
> > so.XDisplayControlPlugin
> >

> > In the VMs from Eliot's site (version 2697) that I'll use for the 4.4
> > all-in-one there are these external plugins:
> >
> > mac:
> > BochsIA32Plugin.bundle
> > CroquetPlugin.bundle
> > FloatArrayPlugin.bundle
> > FloatMathPlugin.bundle
> > SqueakFFIPrims.bundle
> > UnixOSProcessPlugin.bundle
> >
> > win:
> > BochsIA32Plugin.dll
> > SqueakFFIPrims.dll
> > Win32OSProcessPlugin.dll
> >
> > linux:
> > B3DAcceleratorPlugin
> > BochsIA32Plugin
> > LocalePlugin
> > squeak
> > SqueakFFIPrims
> > UnixOSProcessPlugin
> > UUIDPlugin
> > vm-display-fbdev
> > vm-display-null
> > vm-display-X11
> > vm-sound-ALSA
> > vm-sound-null
> > vm-sound-OSS
> >

> > Does that look OK?
> >

> > Paul

Re: External VM Plugins included with the All-In-One

timrowledge

On 06-03-2013, at 12:46 AM, Frank Shearar <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Oh, I see SSL support there for Windows! For 4.5 I propose we roll that out across all platforms.
Let me know if you can find SSL support for RISC OS ;-)

tim
Nice computers don't go down.

Re: External VM Plugins included with the All-In-One

Bert Freudenberg
On 2013-03-06, at 21:31, tim Rowledge <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 06-03-2013, at 12:46 AM, Frank Shearar <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Oh, I see SSL support there for Windows! For 4.5 I propose we roll that out across all platforms.
> Let me know if you can find SSL support for RISC OS ;-)

I see it ... in your future ... ;)

Btw, would it be possible/make sense to fit a RISC OS VM into the all-in-one structure? Of course, the weird system module installation would have to be mediated somehow ...

- Bert -

On 07-03-2013, at 2:34 AM, Bert Freudenberg <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 2013-03-06, at 21:31, tim Rowledge <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> On 06-03-2013, at 12:46 AM, Frank Shearar <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Oh, I see SSL support there for Windows! For 4.5 I propose we roll that out across all platforms.
>> Let me know if you can find SSL support for RISC OS ;-)
>

> I see it ... in your future ... ;)

Careful with those glass balls Bert...

> Btw, would it be possible/make sense to fit a RISC OS VM into the all-in-one structure? Of course, the weird system module installation would have to be mediated somehow …

It might fit. The system modules thing is a bit irritating I guess but it's really only the same as having to install assorted libraries or OCX-wotsits on other OSs. I'll have to think about possible solutions to that.

tim
Useful Latin Phrases:- Furnulum pani nolo = I don't want a toaster.