Exupery method cache

Markus Fritsche
Hi,

I just fired up an image where I compiled a few methods. When I start
the image again, I can't compile because Exupery complains, that the
plugin is missing.

Is this how it's supposed to be or is there a bug in my vm-compilation/
image-compilation?

Exupery method cache

Bryce Kampjes
Markus Fritsche writes:
 > Hi,
 >
 > I just fired up an image where I compiled a few methods. When I start
 > the image again, I can't compile because Exupery complains, that the
 > plugin is missing.
 >
 > Is this how it's supposed to be or is there a bug in my vm-compilation/
 > image-compilation?

That might not be normal. When you save the image Exupery will shut
itself down, you'll need to restart it after reloading.

You'll need to run
       Exupery initializeExupery
after restarting.

Bryce

Re: Exupery method cache

Markus Fritsche
[hidden email] schrieb:

> You'll need to run
>        Exupery initializeExupery
> after restarting.

But doesn't that mean nil'ling the compiled methods?

Re: Exupery method cache

Bryce Kampjes
Markus Fritsche writes:
 > [hidden email] schrieb:
 >
 > > You'll need to run
 > >        Exupery initializeExupery
 > > after restarting.
 >
 > But doesn't that mean nil'ling the compiled methods?

Yes, but they're not yet saved with the image. They could be, but
even if they were when the image starts they wouldn't be there,
the startup code would need to reload the compiled code then
relink it but only if the image was still running on the same
architecture as it was when it was saved.

Saving compiled code is something I've thought about for a long
time however it can wait until Exupery is useful for some workloads
without it. i.e. provides enough of a performance gain without
crashing.

Bryce