FFIPrims plugin is broken in the recent Cog VMs?

FFIPrims plugin is broken in the recent Cog VMs?

Nikolay Suslov

Hello,

What could be the problem with FFIPrims plugin in recent Cog VMs (2339-2346)?
The VM crashes after accessing it on Mac OS X 10.5.6, Windows Vista (testing with the recent Squeak 4.2 and CroquetGL package).

Thanks in advance,
Nikolay

Re: FFIPrims plugin is broken in the recent Cog VMs?

Igor Stasenko

On 11 January 2011 09:20, Nikolay Suslov <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> What could be the problem with FFIPrims plugin in recent Cog VMs (2339-2346)?
> The VM crashes after accessing it on Mac OS X 10.5.6, Windows Vista (testing with the recent Squeak 4.2 and CroquetGL package).

Cog VM using different FFI plugin. However, from OS perspective it is
'same' , because external module name is always
SqueakFFIPrims.so /.dll etc.

I suggest using different module name for Cog FFI plugin to avoid
confusion and make difference between old FFI engine and new one.

But maybe this is not your case, maybe you using correct Cog's FFI
plugin.. then its a question why it crashing.. which i'm not ready to
answer :)

Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.

Re: FFIPrims plugin is broken in the recent Cog VMs?

Andreas.Raab

On 1/11/2011 12:44 AM, Igor Stasenko wrote:
> Cog VM using different FFI plugin.

That would be news to me. There should be no relevant divergence between
the plugins. Where is the difference?

Cheers,
   - Andreas