[FIX] 6472: TraitBehavior>>#allClassVarNames is undefined

[FIX] 6472: TraitBehavior>>#allClassVarNames is undefined

Mathieu SUEN
"
TraitBehavior contains class compatibility messages. However
#allClassVarNames is not implemented. eCompletion crashes often
because of that when working with traits. Attached patch implements
this missing method.
"

I've added the fix in the list of fixes that need to be harvested:
http://www.squeak.org/squeak/5934

        Mth

Re: [FIX] 6472: TraitBehavior>>#allClassVarNames is undefined

Damien Cassou-3

Address is: http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/5934

Damien Cassou

Re: [FIX] 6472: TraitBehavior>>#allClassVarNames is undefined

Edgar J. De Cleene

El 5/8/07 9:07 AM, "Mathieu Suen" <[hidden email]> escribió:

> "
> TraitBehavior contains class compatibility messages. However
> #allClassVarNames is not implemented. eCompletion crashes often
> because of that when working with traits. Attached patch implements
> this missing method.
> "
>
> I've added the fix in the list of fixes that need to be harvested:
> http://www.squeak.org/squeak/5934
>
> Mth

That's how we could move.
Very thanks, I look soon.
In the time, all should know what Ralph send mail about how to deal with .cs
and Monticello troubles.
Thanks to he, now we have 7093TTFSpeedUp.cs.
Thanks Diego and Andreas, my test says what redraw is 10 x quick !
Edgar

Re: [FIX] 6472: TraitBehavior>>#allClassVarNames is undefined

Edgar J. De Cleene

El 5/8/07 9:07 AM, "Mathieu Suen" <[hidden email]> escribió:

> "
> TraitBehavior contains class compatibility messages. However
> #allClassVarNames is not implemented. eCompletion crashes often
> because of that when working with traits. Attached patch implements
> this missing method.
> "
>
> I've added the fix in the list of fixes that need to be harvested:
> http://www.squeak.org/squeak/5934
>
> Mth

Mathieu:
You made a first step, but we need more for including the fix.

You don't include any test, so how I could know how good is your fix ?

I copy
> (tested in OmniBrowser and the OB Universe Browser, on a 3.10 squeak-dev
image)
I wish some in 3.10 base , what is what I working on.

Maybe Damien could say what the fix is good.
If he said that, I include into updates.

Edgar

Re: [FIX] 6472: TraitBehavior>>#allClassVarNames is undefined

Mathieu SUEN
Done

http://bugs.squeak.org/view.php?id=6472

        Mth

El 5/8/07 2:27 PM, "Mathieu Suen" <[hidden email]> escribió:

> Done
>
> http://bugs.squeak.org/view.php?id=6472
>
> Mth

Very good. Now you fix is 7094FixClassCompatibilityForClassVar.cs
Update your image.
Hope many members what have fixes follow you and image could be better each
day.

Edgar

2007/5/8, Edgar J. De Cleene <[hidden email]>:

> El 5/8/07 9:07 AM, "Mathieu Suen" <[hidden email]> escribió:
>
> > "
> > TraitBehavior contains class compatibility messages. However
> > #allClassVarNames is not implemented. eCompletion crashes often
> > because of that when working with traits. Attached patch implements
> > this missing method.
> > "
> >
> > I've added the fix in the list of fixes that need to be harvested:
> > http://www.squeak.org/squeak/5934
> >
> > Mth
>

> Mathieu:
> You made a first step, but we need more for including the fix.
>
> You don't include any test, so how I could know how good is your fix ?
>
> I copy
> > (tested in OmniBrowser and the OB Universe Browser, on a 3.10 squeak-dev
> image)
> I wish some in 3.10 base , what is what I working on.
>
> Maybe Damien could say what the fix is good.
> If he said that, I include into updates.
Hi Edgar,

in fact, we worked together to make some fixes today. I think the fix
is completely transparent and would not cause any problem because:

- it only implements 1 method.
- this method immediately returns an empty collection.
- the method did not exist before, neither in a super class nor in a
subclass. So, it does not hide any existing method.
- Mathieu wrote a test for it.

--
Damien Cassou