FTP server in Squeak

Navodit Kaushik
Hi

I am having trouble setting up and accessing a ftp server. I installed the FTP-Server package and tried setting up a server using :

server := FTPServer startOn: 9090.
server settings context: FTPFileSystemDirectory default.

I am not sure how to set up usernames/passwords and how I should try to connect to this directory in Squeak. Should I use ServerDirectory for this? If anyone has some experience in this or can point me to any examples it would be really helpful... Essentially what I want to do is to be able to access the directory and create/edit/delete files on the directory.
Thanks

Navodit

Check out new cars at Yahoo! Autos.

Re: FTP server in Squeak

Lukas Renggli
> I am having trouble setting up and accessing a ftp server. I installed the
> FTP-Server package and tried setting up a server using :
>
> server := FTPServer startOn: 9090.
> server settings context: FTPFileSystemDirectory default.

Make sure you use Squeak 3.8, it might or might not work on other versions.

Then evaluate line by line the following workspace script to do the
setup and configurations:

        "create server: ftp://localhost:9090"
        server := FTPServer on: 9090.

        "browse the filesystem"
        server settings context: (FTPFileSystemDirectory
                on: (FileDirectory on: '/Users/lukas')).

        "browse the image"
        server settings context: FTPClassContext new.

        "logging"
        server settings logging: true.
        server settings logging: false.

        "start/stop"
        server start.
        server stop.

> I am not sure how to set up usernames/passwords

I don't think that has been implemented, but I might be wrong.

> and how I should try to
> connect to this directory in Squeak.

In the console:

        ftp localhost 9090