FW: Problem printing from Workspace to Transcript

FW: Problem printing from Workspace to Transcript

Harry Mueller

I've just started looking at Squeak and can't seem to print to Transcript. I'm wondering if I'm doing it properly.

I've written,  Transcript show: 'Hello world!'   into the Workspace window but nothing shows up in the open Transcript window .

 What am I doing wrong?

  Thanks, Harry

Re: FW: Problem printing from Workspace to Transcript

Frank Urbach
Hi Harry,

What did you after writing this into the workspace? You have two possibilities to complete this line:
1. Bring the cursor in the written line and use the right mouse button an select "Do-It".
2. Bring the cursor in the written line and press the keys cmd+d.
In both of this cases the Transcript window should show "Hello World!".

HTH
  Frank

[Newbies] FW: Problem printing from Workspace to Transcript (19-Jan-2007 16:18)

I've just started looking at Squeak and can't seem to print to Transcript. I'm wondering if I'm doing it properly.

I've written,  Transcript show: 'Hello world!'   into the Workspace window but nothing shows up in the open Transcript window .

 What am I doing wrong?

  Thanks, Harry

Re: FW: Problem printing from Workspace to Transcript

Damien Cassou-3
Harry Mueller a écrit :
> I've just started looking at Squeak and can't seem to print to
> Transcript. I'm wondering if I'm doing it properly.
>
> I've written,  Transcript show: 'Hello world!'   into the Workspace
> window but nothing shows up in the open Transcript window .
>
>  What am I doing wrong?

This should work. Here are some steps you have to reproduce:

- open a workspace (world->open->workspace)
- open a transcript (world->open->transcript)
- type your code 'Transcript show: 'Hello World' in the workspace
- execute it with ALT+d or right-click 'Do-it' and the insertion point
on your code

If you do all those things right, please tell us what is the VM and
image your are using.

Bye

--
Damien Cassou

RE: FW: Problem printing from Workspace to Transcript

Harry Mueller
Thanks Frank, that did it.

Neither instruction set I looked at mentioned that what you've shown me was necessary.

Onward, Harry :)