FW: [Squeakland] SqueakFest '07 - Save the Date!

FW: [Squeakland] SqueakFest '07 - Save the Date!

Ron Teitelbaum
SqueakFest '07 - Save the Date!

Hello all,

I thought I’d forward this to squeak-dev, beginners and seaside lists.  There has been a bit of talk about teaching your kids to squeak, so if you are an Etoy developer or a fan, if you know some teachers, let them know, or if you are a parent of a squeaker, then this event is for you!  Plus this would also be a good chance to learn more about OLPC.  Spread the word and save the date:  August 1, 2 & 3 for SqueakFest ’07.

Ron Teitelbaum

Squeak News Team Member

From: Kim Rose

Greetings!

Thanks to the continued interest and generosity of Columbia College Chicago, we are delighted to announce SqueakFest '07!

The dates for this year's gathering are:

August 1, 2 & 3

Hands-on Workshops Wednesday, August 1st

Keynotes, presentations & panels Thursday and Friday, August 2 & 3

SqueakFest is open to educators, parents (homeschoolers, other)  developers, community technology center leaders, etc., etc.  -- anyone interested in working with Squeak Etoys.

This year we're planning a special track on the One Laptop Per Child Initiative ($100 laptop)  and welcome participation by Etoy content developers for this particular platform in addition to those using  or planning to use Squeak Etoys on other computing platforms.  (For those who may be unaware, Squeak Etoys is currently one offering provided on the $100 laptop which is being distributed in great quantity this year.)

Please save these dates and help spread the word to colleagues and friends you think would be interested in attending.

We'll be sending a "call for presentations" in early April and also launching the official SqueakFest '07 website at that time.

Please mark your calendar and  plan to join us in Chicago for SqueakFest '07.

Please "stay tuned" for more details!

regards,

Kim

ATT03177.txt (152 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: FW: [Squeakland] SqueakFest '07 - Save the Date!

Blake-5
I was thinking we need one of these on the left coast... :-)

Re: FW: [Squeakland] SqueakFest '07 - Save the Date!

Russ-23
Please forgive if this seems impertinent, I just find it amusing the associations google mail comes up with:
 Squeakers and Squeaky Dinks
Okay , back to more serious discourse... ;-)

BTW - Squeak Fest sounds really cool. Now that I live in Kalamazoo, I might be able to attend.
- Russ

SqueakyDinks.jpg (114K) Download Attachment

Re: FW: [Squeakland] SqueakFest '07 - Save the Date!

Bert Freudenberg

On Mar 23, 2007, at 2:18 , Blake wrote:

> I was thinking we need one of these on the left coast... :-)

You're welcome to organize one - there should be SqueakFests around
the globe, actually.

- Bert -

Re: FW: [Squeakland] SqueakFest '07 - Save the Date!

Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas

Russ escribió:
> Please forgive if this seems impertinent, I just find it amusing the
> associations google mail comes up with:
>  Squeakers and Squeaky Dinks

Well, these are the problems with spamware powered mail services these
days :-) . Hopefully some day discourses about individual empowerment in
FLOSS and Squeak will come to the Net.

> Okay , back to more serious discourse... ;-)
>
> BTW - Squeak Fest sounds really cool. Now that I live in Kalamazoo, I
> might be able to attend.
> - Russ

I'm in Colombia, South America and I hope to be there this year also. So
see you there :-)

Cheers,

Offray