FYI about Pharo MOOC

12

Re: FYI about Pharo MOOC

Stephane Ducasse-3
In fact the files have two tracks.

On Fri, Oct 13, 2017 at 8:13 PM, Andrew Glynn <[hidden email]> wrote:
Oh good, glad the French version is still there.  I was starting to go
through it a couple of weeks ago and plan to continue starting this
weekend.  Although my mother tongue is English, at one point I was
fluently bilingual (both Quebecois and actual French), and it's a
chance to get some of it back while picking up information I've likely missed
on less obvious features.

I can understand French well enough, but the more I hear it spoken
the better. Reading/writing don't get rusty as easily.

Of course speaking it would be even better, but I don't get many
chances to do so in Toronto ☺.

Andrew

Re: FYI about Pharo MOOC

kilon.alios
I have to confess I am a fan of the french accent english too , it has a nice musicality in it
+1 for subtitles. I love accents, the more the better :D

On Fri, Oct 13, 2017 at 9:28 PM Stephane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
In fact the files have two tracks.

On Fri, Oct 13, 2017 at 8:13 PM, Andrew Glynn <[hidden email]> wrote:
Oh good, glad the French version is still there.  I was starting to go
through it a couple of weeks ago and plan to continue starting this
weekend.  Although my mother tongue is English, at one point I was
fluently bilingual (both Quebecois and actual French), and it's a
chance to get some of it back while picking up information I've likely missed
on less obvious features.

I can understand French well enough, but the more I hear it spoken
the better. Reading/writing don't get rusty as easily.

Of course speaking it would be even better, but I don't get many
chances to do so in Toronto ☺.

Andrew

Re: FYI about Pharo MOOC

Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas-2
If you're considering video subtitling, nothing better that Amara:

http://amara.org/

It has the easiest interface for video subtitling and easy collaboration
built in (no need to learn DVCS --Git, Fossil) to collaborate.

Cheers,

Offray

On 13/10/17 01:24, Stephane Ducasse wrote:

> Hello
>
> It would be super great :)
> the files are in the github repo
> https://github.com/SquareBracketAssociates/PharoMooc/tree/master/Subtitles
>
> Stef
>
> On Fri, Oct 13, 2017 at 1:25 AM, Ricardo Pacheco
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hello Stephane, I can help with the Spanish subtitles. You can send me a file
>> with the text, if you have it. My french is basic so please send also the
>> English fil, to double check.
>>

>> --
>> Sent from: http://forum.world.st/Pharo-Smalltalk-Users-f1310670.html

Re: FYI about Pharo MOOC

Sanjay Minni
There seems to be an issue with the english dubbed version of Week 5 lesson 4 - it has no content
C019SD-W5-S4-EN-V1.mp4

---
Sanjay Minni

On Fri, Oct 13, 2017 at 1:29 AM, Stephane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
I'm about to release the en versions.
you can find them unofficially on http://www.stephaneducasse.eu/MOOC/

Stef

On Tue, Oct 10, 2017 at 10:10 PM, Gour <[hidden email]> wrote:
> On Tue, 10 Oct 2017 21:31:55 +0200
> Stephane Ducasse
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello Stef,
>
>> I will ask one guy thursday and let you know.
>
> Thanks a lot!
>
>> We will release Mooc with english voices (not mine else english
>> natives would get an heart attack - I have what they call a sexy
>> french accents ;)
>
> I did watch few of your Pharo-related presentations and, although not native,
> happily survived. :-)
>
> Moreover, I'd say that your English is charming! At least, one is sure that the
> real human is speaking and not some "robot" put on auto-pilot, so if the new
> Mooc is going to be the same as the  current/old one, I'd prefer to download
> the current files and watched them along with *.srt subtitles?
>
> Iow. my point is that the accent is just one part of the talk/teaching, but the
> energy behind it is much more imporant - this is, my conviction, based on my
> own teaching experiences.
>

> Sincerely,
> Gour
>
> --
> From anger, complete delusion arises, and from delusion
> bewilderment of memory. When memory is bewildered,
> intelligence is lost, and when intelligence is lost
> one falls down again into the material pool.

cheers,
Sanjay

Re: FYI about Pharo MOOC

Sanjay Minni
The voice in the background behaved differetly with different players on windows 10
- in "Films and TV"  and "VLC player" it comes unltil you manually switch the audio channel (it shows 2 audio channels)
- In Media player it works fine though i could not find 2 audio channels

---
Sanjay Minni

On Fri, Oct 13, 2017 at 3:59 AM, Stephane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
I'm about to release the en versions.
you can find them unofficially on http://www.stephaneducasse.eu/MOOC/

Stef

On Tue, Oct 10, 2017 at 10:10 PM, Gour <[hidden email]> wrote:
> On Tue, 10 Oct 2017 21:31:55 +0200
> Stephane Ducasse
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello Stef,
>
>> I will ask one guy thursday and let you know.
>
> Thanks a lot!
>
>> We will release Mooc with english voices (not mine else english
>> natives would get an heart attack - I have what they call a sexy
>> french accents ;)
>
> I did watch few of your Pharo-related presentations and, although not native,
> happily survived. :-)
>
> Moreover, I'd say that your English is charming! At least, one is sure that the
> real human is speaking and not some "robot" put on auto-pilot, so if the new
> Mooc is going to be the same as the  current/old one, I'd prefer to download
> the current files and watched them along with *.srt subtitles?
>
> Iow. my point is that the accent is just one part of the talk/teaching, but the
> energy behind it is much more imporant - this is, my conviction, based on my
> own teaching experiences.
>

> Sincerely,
> Gour
>
> --
> From anger, complete delusion arises, and from delusion
> bewilderment of memory. When memory is bewildered,
> intelligence is lost, and when intelligence is lost
> one falls down again into the material pool.

cheers,
Sanjay

Re: FYI about Pharo MOOC

Stephane Ducasse-3
Sanjay

where did you get this file?

Stef

On Wed, Nov 1, 2017 at 5:26 PM, Sanjay Minni <[hidden email]> wrote:

> There seems to be an issue with the english dubbed version of Week 5 lesson
> 4 - it has no content
> C019SD-W5-S4-EN-V1.mp4
>
> ---
> Sanjay Minni
>
> On Fri, Oct 13, 2017 at 1:29 AM, Stephane Ducasse <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> I'm about to release the en versions.
>> you can find them unofficially on http://www.stephaneducasse.eu/MOOC/
>>
>> Stef
>>
>> On Tue, Oct 10, 2017 at 10:10 PM, Gour <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> > On Tue, 10 Oct 2017 21:31:55 +0200
>> > Stephane Ducasse
>> > <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> >
>> > Hello Stef,

>> > Thanks a lot!

>> > I did watch few of your Pharo-related presentations and, although not
>> > native,
>> > happily survived. :-)
>> >
>> > Moreover, I'd say that your English is charming! At least, one is sure
>> > that the
>> > real human is speaking and not some "robot" put on auto-pilot, so if the
>> > new
>> > Mooc is going to be the same as the  current/old one, I'd prefer to
>> > download
>> > the current files and watched them along with *.srt subtitles?
>> >
>> > Iow. my point is that the accent is just one part of the talk/teaching,
>> > but the
>> > energy behind it is much more imporant - this is, my conviction, based
>> > on my
>> > own teaching experiences.
>> >

>> > Sincerely,
>> > Gour
>> >
>> > --
>> > From anger, complete delusion arises, and from delusion
>> > bewilderment of memory. When memory is bewildered,
>> > intelligence is lost, and when intelligence is lost
>> > one falls down again into the material pool.

Re: FYI about Pharo MOOC

Sanjay Minni
sorry mised your mail

I got these files from the link in the message of your post on Oct 13

"I'm about to release the en versions.
you can find them unofficially on http://www.stephaneducasse.eu/MOOC/

Stef"

and

---
Sanjay Minni
+91-9900-902902

On Fri, Nov 3, 2017 at 1:44 PM, Stephane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
Sanjay

where did you get this file?

Stef

On Wed, Nov 1, 2017 at 5:26 PM, Sanjay Minni <[hidden email]> wrote:
> There seems to be an issue with the english dubbed version of Week 5 lesson
> 4 - it has no content
> C019SD-W5-S4-EN-V1.mp4
>
> ---
> Sanjay Minni
>
> On Fri, Oct 13, 2017 at 1:29 AM, Stephane Ducasse <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> I'm about to release the en versions.
>> you can find them unofficially on http://www.stephaneducasse.eu/MOOC/
>>
>> Stef
>>
>> On Tue, Oct 10, 2017 at 10:10 PM, Gour <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> > On Tue, 10 Oct 2017 21:31:55 +0200
>> > Stephane Ducasse
>> > <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> >
>> > Hello Stef,

>> > Thanks a lot!

>> > I did watch few of your Pharo-related presentations and, although not
>> > native,
>> > happily survived. :-)
>> >
>> > Moreover, I'd say that your English is charming! At least, one is sure
>> > that the
>> > real human is speaking and not some "robot" put on auto-pilot, so if the
>> > new
>> > Mooc is going to be the same as the  current/old one, I'd prefer to
>> > download
>> > the current files and watched them along with *.srt subtitles?
>> >
>> > Iow. my point is that the accent is just one part of the talk/teaching,
>> > but the
>> > energy behind it is much more imporant - this is, my conviction, based
>> > on my
>> > own teaching experiences.
>> >

>> > Sincerely,
>> > Gour
>> >
>> > --
>> > From anger, complete delusion arises, and from delusion
>> > bewilderment of memory. When memory is bewildered,
>> > intelligence is lost, and when intelligence is lost
>> > one falls down again into the material pool.

cheers,
Sanjay

Re: FYI about Pharo MOOC

Stephane Ducasse-3