Facelifting the second

12

Re: Facelifting the second

laza
On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 20:13, Michael Haupt <[hidden email]> wrote:
whoa. Anything else? Room service? ;-)

Pedicure? ;)

Alex

Re: Facelifting the second

Michael Haupt-3
Hi,

On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 10:53 PM, Alexander Lazarević
<[hidden email]> wrote:
>> whoa. Anything else? Room service? ;-)
>
> Pedicure? ;)

I'd rather not. :-)

So I've just uploaded something that caches things. If it disobeys
some Morphic rubric, don't excommunicate me right away, please. ;-)

Best,

Michael

Re: Facelifting the second

Simon Michael
On 3/25/10 1:17 PM, radoslav hodnicak wrote:
> Yes - I'd like to be able to resize windows by dragging any edge again,

+1

Re: Facelifting the second

Tim Felgentreff

On 24 Mar 2010, at 21:17, Michael Davies wrote:

> - the selected item in a list should have white text on a darkish
> blue background. At the moment, PluggableListMorph,
> PluggableTreeMorph, PluggableListMorphOfMany and MenuMorph all
> highlight the currently selected item differently, which is a
> regression to where we were a couple of months ago.
> - If you pick up a menu, it has three(!) shadows while you're
> dragging it.
> - The 'X' button on the menu hasn't been updated, so is still the
> old one.
> - The menu title being grey makes it look like a non-active window -
> black text would make it consistent.
> - the "pin" on the menu disappears when you move over it (actually
> that pin icon looks really un-polished in comparison to the other
> new icons, hint hint).
> - the decision to "square off" the menu corners means that they look
> much more different from the Confirmation dialogs than they did
> previously - it would be better if they started looking more similar
> instead. Actually I'm not sure the menus look better with square
> corners when everything else is rounded, including the docking bar
> menus.
> - with these changes, the standard title font now looks really heavy
> - have you tried dropping it down to DejaVu Sans size 9?

I uploaded a package with these changes to the inbox.
Regards,
Tim

Re: Facelifting the second

Enrico Schwass-2
Or using the scroll wheel to resize if halos are visible

>> Yes - I'd like to be able to resize windows by dragging any edge
>> again,
>> not just with corner handles. Or at least have a resize handle in the
>> middle somewhere.
>
> +1
>
> Stef

Re: Facelifting the second

Michael Davies-2
On 26 March 2010 00:31, Felgentreff Tim <[hidden email]> wrote:

I uploaded a package with these changes to the inbox.
Regards,
Tim

You're a star Tim; I'm totally impressed at the burst of UI work that you've kicked off here. I'm going to be away over the weekend, and I'm not sure if I'll recognise Squeak when I get back!

Cheers, Michael

Re: Facelifting the second

Tim Felgentreff
On Thu, 2010-03-25 at 08:58 +0100, Alexander Lazarević wrote:
> i think the contrast of the yellow button is to low.

Hi
I had multiple people telling me this, so I uploaded a modified (orange)
version to the inbox.

Hope you like this is better.
Regards,
Tim

Re: Facelifting the second

Tim Felgentreff
Hi

I wanted to thank you for all your appreciating comments for the changes
I made to the look and feel of Squeak. I am impressed how the look of
Squeak has changed in these past few days. I really like, that I can now
just hit "Restore defaults" in the preference window and have a nice and
clean looking image. It's great to see Squeak can also visually
represent how clean it is becoming underneath.

Regards,
Tim

12